Thread: Who's had their Converter replaced?

Hybrid View

Anyone know this?
    Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    OK, what is actually updated on the new updated Audi TC? Is it the seal? Spent some time on the phone today with a guy who owns a big TC rebuilding outfit. He said that there are a few issues with the Audi TC but the biggest is by far the seal.

Anyway, where would I source one. Genuine?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Anyone know this?
    I understand the new seal is just made of 'Viton'....which the VAG was using for other applications like pedal bushings way back in the 80s. But I do not have any infomation that points to anything else being 'improved' on the superceeded TCs.

I have an ACES TC waiting to go in mine...I did get a code last year after a year+ of driving it from 78K. I felt some slippage once in a while but never a CEL. I cleared the code back last fall...scanned it last week and no TC code now and I can't really feel any slippage either. But I'm still throwing the ACES TC in soon as everyone I heard from says it really makes a nice 'upgrade' over the stock unit. I'm at 92K now. Pretty sure my TC is the one from new too.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon