Thread: New and improved DRC Shocks installed in my RS6...

Hybrid View

My car is done and it is lower, but still not at pre repair nor at Dave's measurements (I'm riding 1/2 high). Dealer is trying to find specification. They will continue to listen for updates from Audi that may improve my ride height situation.

As you all agree above, the control arms should not be tightened until the car is resting on its tires at normal load. See attachment from the Audi service manual. As stated perviously, an unpressurized DRC suspension should never be loaded (resting on its tires).

Lastly, I found no quarters, dimes or nickles anywhere near my car after running over a dollar bill.

Oh he**, one more thing. An S8 blasted out of the dealer lot trying to make the green traffic light a half-block away - it sounded amazing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RS6 Control arms.pdf  

the rattle and knocking was so bad after the DRC repair i had it towed back to dealer today, ridiculous that they let it go. mine was their first recall but supposedly had their best guy on it that works on their high end models and had done many DRc repairs.

side note: mine appered to measure 14" front 14 1/2" rear.

we'll see what happens. giving them a chance before i call AoA.

Don,

What are your measurements?

Where did you get this pdf?

Is that picture of the front or rear control arm?

Quote Originally Posted by DonS View Post
    My car is done and it is lower, but still not at pre repair nor at Dave's measurements (I'm riding 1/2 high). Dealer is trying to find specification. They will continue to listen for updates from Audi that may improve my ride height situation.

As you all agree above, the control arms should not be tightened until the car is resting on its tires at normal load. See attachment from the Audi service manual. As stated perviously, an unpressurized DRC suspension should never be loaded (resting on its tires).

Lastly, I found no quarters, dimes or nickles anywhere near my car after running over a dollar bill.

Oh he**, one more thing. An S8 blasted out of the dealer lot trying to make the green traffic light a half-block away - it sounded amazing.