Thread: Drivers Republic TT-RS review - very positive

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    EVO drive impression is not good at all. They gave it only 3 stars...
    BUT, I would wait for tests in German and Italian magazines. Of course, the best solution is to try to test drive it for yourself.
    I think it all depends on how much you value the ability to get the tail out. If the answer is a lot then the TT/RS will probably not appeal to you, as is the case with EVO.

Though they did say that Audi wouldn't allow the ESP system to be totally switched off at the track so maybe there is much more fun to be had once you have because that is the majority opinion of the S4, it take the disengage of the ESP to fully unlock the car's true magic.

Maybe that is why Plato rated the car so highly, he only drove it on the road (and in wet conditions) where it's probably best suited and probably a much better tool than the Cayman S in such situations.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    I think it all depends on how much you value the ability to get the tail out.
    Putting the tail out may be fun but it's not the fastes way to drive, because putting the tail out mean wheelspin.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    Putting the tail out may be fun but it's not the fastes way to drive, because putting the tail out mean wheelspin.
    Couldn't agree more, neatness is what makes for a quick lap time (on tarmac at least). In my opinion the whole objective of quattro it to find the most efficient way of going round a corner and in that all quattro systems fulfil that basic requirement equally well.

What some reviewers have been saying is that if you get on the power to early you get some understeer, but in a rwd car with decent poke you will get oversteer, it maybe the more fun but it's hardly the quicker method. And I bet the guy in the M3 who's watching the TT/RS drifted off into the distance will be saying to his passenger that at least he's the one having the most fun whilst losing.
    Search and you will find the truth.