Thread: Where are all the modded C5 RS6 at? 500awhp to 800awhp+?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by RS6Goals View Post
    And the only thing I'm really in disagreement with is the pricing of mods to get to 600whp+(with a stock engine). The majority(if not all that mentioned price?) in this thread is saying 15k-20k in parts and implying that it is "impossible" to do so with less significantly less. Other than that... they I think the rest is all "personal preferences".
    You can hit the 550-600hp rather readily. I well believe a number of members on this forum at this point. This is maxing the OEM turbo's which we have ALL told you. We have also been clear about lack of 'reasonable' space and the fact that it has been well documented that numerous failures from the ZF 5spd Tip occur when you push higher power.

Enter domino affect. In order to hit power levels similar to what they do with the 4.2 Audi in the Gumpert, you need a tranny that won't fail. You also definitely need to do turbo's along with hot and cold side enhancements. In order to do turbos, you need to find space. In order to get space, the easiest is to swap the 5Tip for a 6spd which kills two birds with one stone by giving improved resistance to breakage while gaining important space. It can be many thousands of $ for a swap as you need to include material costs alone for clutch, central and front drive shafts, tranny, custom flywheel/starter/adapter, ECU programming, ABS, linkage, pedals, etc. Then you need to decide on turbo's which can quickly cost $3K for the most basic. Add all your materials for refab and you're in to it for thousands - not including your FREE labour which you fail to assign a value to - even if it's pennies on the dollar.

We will all watch. Remember it's not impossible. It's just really poor bang for buck when you can get really good power that is only marginally less than what you're striving for with just a tune, exhaust, and perhaps intercooler updates.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    You can hit the 550-600hp rather readily. I well believe a number of members on this forum at this point. This is maxing the OEM turbo's which we have ALL told you. We have also been clear about lack of 'reasonable' space and the fact that it has been well documented that numerous failures from the ZF 5spd Tip occur when you push higher power.

Enter domino affect. In order to hit power levels similar to what they do with the 4.2 Audi in the Gumpert, you need a tranny that won't fail. You also definitely need to do turbo's along with hot and cold side enhancements. In order to do turbos, you need to find space. In order to get space, the easiest is to swap the 5Tip for a 6spd which kills two birds with one stone by giving improved resistance to breakage while gaining important space. It can be many thousands of $ for a swap as you need to include material costs alone for clutch, central and front drive shafts, tranny, custom flywheel/starter/adapter, ECU programming, ABS, linkage, pedals, etc. Then you need to decide on turbo's which can quickly cost $3K for the most basic. Add all your materials for refab and you're in to it for thousands - not including your FREE labour which you fail to assign a value to - even if it's pennies on the dollar.

We will all watch. Remember it's not impossible. It's just really poor bang for buck when you can get really good power that is only marginally less than what you're striving for with just a tune, exhaust, and perhaps intercooler updates.
    Please elaborate as perhaps I misunderstood. Is that 600hp at the wheels or at the crank?

because I'm thinking/talking about 600 at the wheels and if that's doable on stock twins I'm all for it. Don't get me wrong I'm always down to build but if I can push that on stock twins then Id rock it until I build an engine for 800awhp.

About space, theres space. The turbo may not end up where its currently located but theres plenty of space for upgraded twins or big single. (hint, im considering rear mounted if I cant fit it in stock location- I looked tons of room in the back.) So I don't really think that is a restriction anymore.
    Manual swap is going to happen no matter what. And unless im mistaken theres a complete kit for 5k.(which works out great because I prefer manual vs auto)
    and turbo cost is a fraction of that.
    $678 for a par of t3 55mm
    $718 for a pair of t3 61mm
    $319 for a single t4 76mm or 70mm

Yea I'm going to assign labor cost as 1 cent. or 100k. (meaning its irrelevant to me). I think I said this before but building is a hobby of mine, I enjoy the challenge and learning experience of building.
    Or another way to put it, do you watch sports/tv shows? or play sports? or play an instrument? or any sort of hobby? etc? do you convert those hours into $$$?

Quote Originally Posted by RS6Goals View Post
    Please elaborate as perhaps I misunderstood. Is that 600hp at the wheels or at the crank?

because I'm thinking/talking about 600 at the wheels and if that's doable on stock twins I'm all for it. Don't get me wrong I'm always down to build but if I can push that on stock twins then Id rock it until I build an engine for 800awhp.

About space, theres space. The turbo may not end up where its currently located but theres plenty of space for upgraded twins or big single. (hint, im considering rear mounted if I cant fit it in stock location- I looked tons of room in the back.) So I don't really think that is a restriction anymore.
    Manual swap is going to happen no matter what. And unless im mistaken theres a complete kit for 5k.(which works out great because I prefer manual vs auto)
    and turbo cost is a fraction of that.
    $678 for a par of t3 55mm
    $718 for a pair of t3 61mm
    $319 for a single t4 76mm or 70mm

Yea I'm going to assign labor cost as 1 cent. or 100k. (meaning its irrelevant to me). I think I said this before but building is a hobby of mine, I enjoy the challenge and learning experience of building.
    Or another way to put it, do you watch sports/tv shows? or play sports? or play an instrument? or any sort of hobby? etc? do you convert those hours into $$$?
    Ive got some tubular manifolds with a t3 flange for sale if you want them. Could be a t4 flange really cant remember gotta find the pics.
    2004 Sportec RS600 + 6MT + e85
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
    Ive got some tubular manifolds with a t3 flange for sale if you want them. Could be a t4 flange really cant remember gotta find the pics.
    I saw your f/s add. It way more than I want to spend.

Im thinking of either modified stock or maybe extending an A6 manifold(still need to confirm it bolts up first though lol).

Thanks