Thread: New-to-me RS6, V#905530 , parts needed list

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by kmartens View Post
    Haha, I live in Woodbridge but really close to Manassas border. I am near Herndon area frequently though as few of my friends live in Reston by Reston Town Center. Agree, we will definitely need to do a mod/meetup day (should have car registered by the 24th), I am looking to get the same Carbon Fiber trim set you ordered from OCarbon, perhaps we could do a trim install day. I still need to order mine though!

About Audi of Chantilly I didn't get a good vibe from time I went there looking for a used Q5 for my DD, very unfriendly sales service. Parts department i dont have experience with. Always used Audi of Tysons Corner when i had my B5 S4 for parts.
    Already put in my order with OCarbon, it's a good 2-3 week lead time from order date to get trims, and that's if they have stock sets ready for dressing. I was looking real hard at the Carbon/Red Kevlar, but it was just tooooo much red. Would've been perfect if it was like the RS6+ Blue weaves from the Euro market - a 4x4 twill pattern with 1 thread out of the 16 being blue (or in the case of what I'd want, red) - it's hot, but not hot enough to drop 3500 euros plus international shipping. I've done a bit of trimwork before, and don't trust my own clumsiness enough to risk a $300 security deposit for my old trim removal, much less installation of nice CF pieces... I'll have to check on the Audi of Tysons - it's actually a bit closer for me now... Gonna keep this post updated with progress, since my replacement tail lights come in Tuesday, and that at least is something I've done with other cars before, shouldn't be too much hassle to drop in. I think I may have ended up getting the same ones you have on your car - it was MontyRS's right?

For the mod day, I'm thinking Hotchkis sways if/when I decide to pull the trigger on them, and maybe if I can find some brake ducts those can be on the list too

Other_Erik

//Edit- Just checked out Audi of Tyson's, they list the same inbound phone number for parts and service as Audi Chantilly. Called 4 times yesterday to get the list price for new keys, finally had to call sales and bitch someone out to get the parts department. I'm just sayin', is all... -tidE\\
    Last edited by Other_Erik; June 14th, 2013 at 16:22. Reason: Tyson's Corner...
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)