Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pics + Story: Gran Turismo Nurburgring 2010 Part II

Post Pics + Story: Gran Turismo Nurburgring 2010 Part II

This is Part II, Part I has more focus on the Audi RS5.

Imagine the most famous track in the world with almost no other traffic. This is the ultimate Nurburgring experience, organized by Gran Turismo Events with auto motor & sport as the main partner.

Gran Turismo Nurburgring 201023-25 May 2010 @ Nurburgring
    http://www.gt-nurburgring.com/
    More images: http://www.gt-nurburgring.com/images/
    More videos: http://www.gt-nurburgring.com/videos/

I was there as a driver, passanger and a photographer...

All pictures copyright, but feel free to link to this thread.

Here's my rental car fron Rent4Ring: http://www.rent4ring.de/en/info/index.html

It's a Suzuki Swift, but DO NOT laugh this car is only 900 kg and 150 hp, and with sticky Toyo 888 it will outrun most sportscars in the corners.
    More details on the car here. With laps, extra laps, extra driver, fuel, car etc. I paid about €840 (real cost, nothing hidden) for a full day. This is the most expensive option, as it's a stage 3 car. Stage 1 and 2 are much cheaper options. Excess for the stage 3 is €5,000 so you don't get ruined if you smash it.

I can really recommend a dedicated (not Hertz, Avis etc.) rental car for your first visit.

Check out this video to get an idea. This is a stage 2 car, from an event arranged by one of the members here http://www.provsjoe.se/

Stage 1 and 2 Swifts.

Pro vs. Joe CEO besides the Nissan GT-R rescue vehicle.

The view fron Dorint, our hotel. Actually, this is the view from our balcony. Me like.

UK RS6 C6. Anyone here?

997 GT3 and Bell Jet helicopter.

Let's fly! One flying lap around Nordschleife.

The Karousell, from above.

The entrance / exit and parking area.

I usually don't display crashed cars, accidents etc., but I make an exception as a warning to others.
    This is a rental car as well.

On my first lap for a very long time I drove the Suzuki Swift with my co-driver/instructor, and we came down the Foxhole when we were warned to slow down.
    We came down the "hole" and there were car parts every here and there - but there was no car?

Later we found out this car had flipped over the Armco and the fence (that's pretty high...) and landed in some trees to fall down.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I read in a magazine the driver was on his first lap ever (with 2 friends in the car) and that he normally would drive flat out in his computer game down the foxhole.

Luckily noone was hurt. But please stop for a while and think about it.

Some of my friends

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Viper and M3 CSL

We own the track!

This is the foxhole...how fast can you go?

Famous driver Mr Alx and famous actor behind.

I'm told this Ferrari 250TR is worth near 7 million Euros. Yes, the owner did track it.

Don't miss the RS5 in the back.

Porsche Carrera GT and Nissan GT-R. Is there a wager going on?

The Bell lands...

Looks like there's going to be some serious driving afterall. GT-R vs. CGT. I think the helicopter will win

The GT-R isn't exaclty slow...

Back at the pits, everyone's safe and two drivers just beat personal bests.

I'm sure all of you are interested to know the result. Just check out the video.

Nissan GT-R vs. Porsche Carerra GT at Nurburgring.

7.42.2 BTG, driven by Mr. Persbrandt in the GT-R.

Please note that this is the owners driving their own cars.
    To my knowledge the GT-R has no major tuning apart from other wheels and tires, and the Carrera GT is on r tires.

Thank You for this write-up Erik! This must have been an unforgettable experience! I wish once i could have part in something like this.

Regards,
    Tom
    5 Audis so far...currently:
    2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic

Quote Originally Posted by Toto89 View Post
    Thank You for this write-up Erik! This must have been an unforgettable experience! I wish once i could have part in something like this.
    You just missed Gran Turismo Budapest 2010
    http://www.gt-budapest.com/

Ferrari 599XX in Hungaroring

Wow! Didn't know about that kind of events are held in my country as well! Really interesting, thanks for the post. Unfortunately, those kind of events are too expensive for me.
    5 Audis so far...currently:
    2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic

Just what I needed on a Monday at work.

Great writeup, nice to see some faces you recognize as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post

Here's my rental car fron Rent4Ring: http://www.rent4ring.de/en/info/index.html

It's a Suzuki Swift, but DO NOT laugh this car is only 900 kg and 150 hp, and with sticky Toyo 888 it will outrun most sportscars in the corners.
    More details on the car here. With laps, extra laps, extra driver, fuel, car etc. I paid about €840 (real cost, nothing hidden) for a full day. This is the most expensive option, as it's a stage 3 car. Stage 1 and 2 are much cheaper options. Excess for the stage 3 is €5,000 so you don't get ruined if you smash it.

I can really recommend a dedicated (not Hertz, Avis etc.) rental car for your first visit.
    Just an epic vacation Erik! I'll second the Suzuki. Having only @50 laps under my belt of the Northern Loop, I will also say it is NOT a place to hop into some supercar and then flog around. This track demands respect. Hell, the weather is different from one end to the other. A small lightweight car will provide plenty of fun.

Great write up and pics!

Ben

PS, on a side note, was Gote able to make it? The guy in the glasses almost looks like him so it got me wondering...
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    Was Gote able to make it? The guy in the glasses almost looks like him so it got me wondering...
    He was my co-driver and instructor in the Swift, so you're correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    He was my co-driver and instructor in the Swift, so you're correct.
    ahhh... cool. Tell him I say hello.
    Ron Paul Fan

Hello,

Erik, were you happy with your Swift? Is there any other rent-a-car company that you can suggest? I heard good things about RSR Nürburg too:

http://www.rsrnurburg.com/

I'm planning to visit 'Ring on 22nd of this month. Is there anything that I should arrange other than booking my rental car? No hotel needed.

Thanks.
    Last edited by inF; August 11th, 2010 at 22:17.
    Eat. Breathe. Drive.

Yes, eat here:

http://www.am-tiergarten.de/

Good food with a great atmosphere
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by inF View Post
    Erik, were you happy with your Swift? Is there any other rent-a-car company that you can suggest? I heard good things about RSR Nürburg too:

http://www.rsrnurburg.com/

I'm planning to visit 'Ring on 22nd of this month. Is there anything that I should arrange other than booking my rental car? No hotel needed.
    Yes, very happy. RSR should be good also.

But you have to book well in advance! Am Tiergarten is very good for food. Cheers!

^^^See^^^ Erik agrees, gotta go to Am Tiergarten.
    Ron Paul Fan

I'm booked in for the trackday on next monday, with RSR's Clio Cup But it cost me too much (entry fee alone is 599 € !) as it's a private trackday, not public session. Tomorrow I'm gonna arrange the hotel, I hope I can afford Am Tiergarten.
    Eat. Breathe. Drive.

€599 ain't too bad. It cost me more to rent the Stage 3 Swift (different, better race car) with fuel and laps etc.

I don't think a meal at Tiergarten will set you back more than €30-40 with a few drinks. I like their Peppersteak

That was only track fee. The car itself with 10 laps, without fuel, costs another 449 €.
    Eat. Breathe. Drive.