Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
Uh, one step at a time, the car isn't even here yet. And another thing, one limited production car doesn't make you the top manufacturer. Audi has a long way to go to catch BMW. The S6 barely matches up with a 550i. The 335i is spanking S4's. The new M3 is coming to lay the smack down on the RS4. Not to mention that BMW's will always be the purer driving car with RWD, less weight, and having weight in the right spot to begin with. You are getting way ahead of yourself, and supposedly BMW is at work on a mid engine car using a 5.5 liter of the M5 V10 which is the best V10 out (short of carrera GT.)

The R8 is the first audi to not have all it's damn weight in the front.

The car isnt even here yet, yes, and neither is this 'supposed' V10 BMW supercar, which is even further from reality and yet you discuss it? As for Audi having a long way to go to 'match' BMW, thats subjectivity if ever. Why does a B6 S4 lap the Top Gear race track faster than an E46 M3? Why does the latest RS4 beat an E60 M5 and M3 CSL(E46) while also getting stellar reviews, even from former BMW owners? The two companies both make great cars and will always one-up each other with a new model. The new E90 M3 4 door is the accurate match for the B7 RS4- lets see who wins (and the latter looks, from what I have seen of the M3, ten trillion times better). The S5/ RS5 will take care of the new M3 coupe, you can count on it. Concerning RWD vs Quattro, both have advatages of their own. And in case you didn't know, BMW xi/ xd models have their weight in the same place as an Audi, thanks to four wheel drive requirements. Plus, the R8 will thump an M6 anywhere, I'd bet my life on it.
Long way to go? Before you know it, BMW will have a long way to go to catch up.