PDA

View Full Version : HELP! DRC hydraulic line

Bigglezworth
November 11th, 2011, 17:01
:mech:Just had the second gen DRC recall performmed by my local dealership and when they started to pressure up the system, they noticed that the front drivers side line is leaking around the lines compression fitting. $360.00 for a line. As we are all aware, anything to do with the lines or valving are not part of the DRC campaign and come out of the owners pocket. Prior to going this route, I am curious about two different options

1. Does anyone that has removed their DRC to put in aftermarket still have this line sitting around their garage and wants to sell it?
2. Does anyone on this forum have access to Audi parts that can source an improved upon price than the $360 they are raping me with locally?

kismetcapitan
November 12th, 2011, 00:04
seriously? seriously?? the lines aren't covered??? seriously???

Bigglezworth
November 15th, 2011, 00:23
No one out there keep the OEM stuff that they tore out to put in after marker? How about anyone that is parting out an RS6?

JSRS6
November 15th, 2011, 01:12
I had no reservations about keeping any of that shite. I cut it all into little pieces to get it off easier.

Bigglezworth
November 17th, 2011, 00:03
My line issue is now resolved. I couldn't track down a replacement OE line other than the new one from Audi for $400+ so opted to go with a manufactured custom line from a local hydraulics company. Same inside dia which is a special 5/16" and reused the OE ends which were an Audi specific fitting. End cost $14.85. Back in business.

ben916
November 17th, 2011, 02:03
Adapt, overcome, improvise!