Thread: HELP! DRC hydraulic line

Mech HELP! DRC hydraulic line

Just had the second gen DRC recall performmed by my local dealership and when they started to pressure up the system, they noticed that the front drivers side line is leaking around the lines compression fitting. $360.00 for a line. As we are all aware, anything to do with the lines or valving are not part of the DRC campaign and come out of the owners pocket. Prior to going this route, I am curious about two different options

1. Does anyone that has removed their DRC to put in aftermarket still have this line sitting around their garage and wants to sell it?
    2. Does anyone on this forum have access to Audi parts that can source an improved upon price than the $360 they are raping me with locally?
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

seriously? seriously?? the lines aren't covered??? seriously???
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

No one out there keep the OEM stuff that they tore out to put in after marker? How about anyone that is parting out an RS6?
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I had no reservations about keeping any of that shite. I cut it all into little pieces to get it off easier.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

My line issue is now resolved. I couldn't track down a replacement OE line other than the new one from Audi for $400+ so opted to go with a manufactured custom line from a local hydraulics company. Same inside dia which is a special 5/16" and reused the OE ends which were an Audi specific fitting. End cost $14.85. Back in business.

Adapt, overcome, improvise!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared