PDA

View Full Version : Ohhhh it's on it's way!!!! Ace Tc to the Uk

amanda
June 13th, 2011, 18:57
Well, just received confirmation that my custom built ACE Tc has been dispatched on the 8th and is now well onroute to the UK :lovl: Ohhh I cannot wait as I have been assured it will take all my torque plus a bit extra and means my baby can stAy auto:rs6kiss: I will let you know when it arrives, is fitted and what I think ;) I must say a big thank you to pallette (corey) for all his help with the shipping of the tc to Ace and the occasional worried phonecall from me ;)

lswing
June 13th, 2011, 20:20
Awesome, ACE seems to be great. He's got a TC rebuild for me and 2 others that he is doing this week. Hopefully get mine later this week, put it in the car next, then foot down on the throttle...

4everRS
June 13th, 2011, 21:24
Mine is on its way tomorrow! Andre just called and said things look great. I'll have one to sell as a core if anyone is interested.

Elevens
June 13th, 2011, 22:49
Well, just received confirmation that my custom built ACE Tc has been dispatched on the 8th and is now well onroute to the UK :lovl: Ohhh I cannot wait as I have been assured it will take all my torque plus a bit extra and means my baby can stAy auto:rs6kiss: I will let you know when it arrives, is fitted and what I think ;) I must say a big thank you to pallette (corey) for all his help with the shipping of the tc to Ace and the occasional worried phonecall from me ;)

Nice Mandy. Finally your going to be able to put all that Torque to the Ground. I wouldn't be surprised if you could smoke all four Tires. LOL!! Good luck.................

Awesome, ACE seems to be great. He's got a TC rebuild for me and 2 others that he is doing this week. Hopefully get mine later this week, put it in the car next, then foot down on the throttle...

Hey don't be to quick to beat on your ride. I just did my TC and Valve body only to have the Clutches let loose one month later. So unless you do a complete Trans Rebuild, take it easy. I've been there.........................

lswing
June 13th, 2011, 23:41
Hey don't be to quick to beat on your ride. I just did my TC and Valve body only to have the Clutches let loose one month later. So unless you do a complete Trans Rebuild, take it easy. I've been there.........................

Agreed, I plan to keep away from real aggressive launches and shifts, hoping to keep the tranny going as long as possible...

MaxRS6
June 14th, 2011, 00:19
That sounds great Amanda and I wish ya a speedy repair!

V8weight
June 14th, 2011, 02:38
Don't be such a wet noodle Vinny...I replaced my torque converter at 60K miles, 33K tuned miles later my trans is just fine! (Oooh, not sure I should be saying that outloud....)

Elevens
June 14th, 2011, 03:15
Yeah I hear you Pat. I guess there are exceptions to the rule. But I'm just trying to look out for my Fellow RS6er's based on my limited experience with mine so far. My box right now is out at 517trans being hardened up and even after being reinstalled I still won't be beating on it. Don't get me wrong all challenges will be met with full force, I just won't be running to many 0-60 times. I don't want to have to take this one out again. (And your right I don't think you should be saying that out loud either, you've been doing real good so far.)

4everRS
June 14th, 2011, 03:45
Ohh great! We will have 2 tranny's to pull now.
Don't be such a wet noodle Vinny...I replaced my torque converter at 60K miles, 33K tuned miles later my trans is just fine! (Oooh, not sure I should be saying that outloud....)

V8weight
June 14th, 2011, 03:58
Ohh great! We will have 2 tranny's to pull now.
Hahaha, I think my warranty officially expired today too....all future repairs from here are to be carried out by myself and my garage fridge....

amanda
June 14th, 2011, 22:04
That sounds great Amanda and I wish ya a speedy repair!

Thank you Tc is now on Uk soil and in the hands of Uk customs!!!!! I hope they look favourably on a poorly 6 and send it to unit 20 ASAP :)

amanda
June 20th, 2011, 19:08
I have now received a letter from customs demandin I now pay a fee of £60 for my own Tc ..........I am going to dispute it !!!! but on the plus side Tc is booked in to unit 20 on the 11th July for replacement :)

vitalian
June 21st, 2011, 15:34
I'm sorry for your trouble with customs, Amanda, but I must say it's a bit comforting to know that hopeless bureaucracy is not only an American phenomenon. :)

PALETTE
June 21st, 2011, 15:46
I have now received a letter from customs demandin I now pay a fee of £60 for my own Tc ..........I am going to dispute it !!!! but on the plus side Tc is booked in to unit 20 on the 11th July for replacement :)

Hmmm Why is it taking this long to slap that puppy in???? You should be wrenching yourself maybe ... :)

amanda
June 21st, 2011, 20:42
I'm sorry for your trouble with customs, Amanda, but I must say it's a bit comforting to know that hopeless bureaucracy is not only an American phenomenon. :)

No Its a Uk one as well aghhhhhh :(

amanda
June 21st, 2011, 20:55
Hmmm Why is it taking this long to slap that puppy in???? You should be wrenching yourself maybe ... :)

unit 20 are busy and that's the earliest they can fit it........I am like a child waiting for Christmas :)