PDA

View Full Version : new caddy CTS-V 550 torque AND hp

RXBG
January 8th, 2008, 20:51
http://www.leftlanenews.com/2009-cadillac-cts-v-revealed.html

WTF? this thing is going to be faster than my car.

Ruergard
January 8th, 2008, 20:55
Wow, this thing is going to be mighty fast if it gets that engine... :revs:

Leadfoot
January 8th, 2008, 21:15
A much better interior design than in recent years, finally it looks like the Americans are starting to understand what makes a good looking interior. I wonder if the quality will be up to Europe's best, namely Audi.

As for the performance, I reckon even the RS6 will have a fight on it's hands with this one.

RXBG
January 8th, 2008, 21:16
i'd venture 0-60 in 4.1 seconds if it can get that power down well. and a quarter mile that is going to be insane- close to 12.0 flat. this car is going to be faster than the E63 and neck and neck with the new RS6 sedan, which i don't expect will be much faster than the avant.

i hate this car.

Ricoloco
January 8th, 2008, 21:26
That engine will be a real killer. Interior looks nice, exterior crap! Like an overdesigned korean familycar.

Leadfoot
January 8th, 2008, 21:40
i'd venture 0-60 in 4.1 seconds if it can get that power down well. and a quarter mile that is going to be insane- close to 12.0 flat. this car is going to be faster than the E63 and neck and neck with the new RS6 sedan, which i don't expect will be much faster than the avant.

i hate this car.

I think that 0-60 time is a bit optimistic unless it is only achieved on a dragstrip, I doubt anything better than 4.4s will be achieved else where though I reckon your 1/4mile time isn't too far off, maybe a tenth or two.

ben916
January 8th, 2008, 21:59
MRC or DRC or whatever...(what is that name for a fear of acronyms?)
It is like GM is re-inventing the Pontiac GTO several years back. The GTO was the cat's meow in all the rags for a bit. Now it dropped off the radar completely...

I suspect the same with this POS CTS-V. I thought Cadillacs were lux-o-bargs with fins?

I am unable to remember if it was posted here, but a POS with a flashy paint job is still a POS...

HKS786
January 8th, 2008, 22:10
A much better interior design than in recent years, finally it looks like the Americans are starting to understand what makes a good looking interior. I wonder if the quality will be up to Europe's best, namely Audi.

As for the performance, I reckon even the RS6 will have a fight on it's hands with this one.

I really like the interior. It has a certain class to it that you usually find in Audi interiors. Shame the exterior is very angular and tacky especially with the mesh used in the grille/bumper.

HKS786
January 8th, 2008, 22:15

i hate this car.

I dont think it'll be THAT fast but yeah it will be fast. I think it's all going to depend how it puts the power to the ground. I must say that the power/torque figures are really interesting.

RXBG
January 8th, 2008, 22:49
doesn't seem like it will be that fast b/c its a caddy. but with that kind of power and torque how could it not be? i think rxbg overreacted. it's been a long day here at the office.

rokke
January 9th, 2008, 17:11
the article says, that this will be real competition for bmw and merc????????????????????? it NEVER will be.....i can imagine, that it will be bought in america, but really really no where else.......ive never seen a caddy in germany....not even an escalade.......

but still, the price will be much much lower than cars with similar engines.......