Thread: new caddy CTS-V 550 torque AND hp

new caddy CTS-V 550 torque AND hp

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2009-cad...-revealed.html

WTF? this thing is going to be faster than my car.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Wow, this thing is going to be mighty fast if it gets that engine...

A much better interior design than in recent years, finally it looks like the Americans are starting to understand what makes a good looking interior. I wonder if the quality will be up to Europe's best, namely Audi.

As for the performance, I reckon even the RS6 will have a fight on it's hands with this one.
    Search and you will find the truth.

i'd venture 0-60 in 4.1 seconds if it can get that power down well. and a quarter mile that is going to be insane- close to 12.0 flat. this car is going to be faster than the E63 and neck and neck with the new RS6 sedan, which i don't expect will be much faster than the avant.

i hate this car.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

That engine will be a real killer. Interior looks nice, exterior crap! Like an overdesigned korean familycar.
    MTM RS6-R MY09 Suzuka Grey
    LP570-4 Performante MY11 Balloon White

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    i'd venture 0-60 in 4.1 seconds if it can get that power down well. and a quarter mile that is going to be insane- close to 12.0 flat. this car is going to be faster than the E63 and neck and neck with the new RS6 sedan, which i don't expect will be much faster than the avant.

i hate this car.
    I think that 0-60 time is a bit optimistic unless it is only achieved on a dragstrip, I doubt anything better than 4.4s will be achieved else where though I reckon your 1/4mile time isn't too far off, maybe a tenth or two.
    Search and you will find the truth.

MRC or DRC or whatever...(what is that name for a fear of acronyms?)
    It is like GM is re-inventing the Pontiac GTO several years back. The GTO was the cat's meow in all the rags for a bit. Now it dropped off the radar completely...

I suspect the same with this POS CTS-V. I thought Cadillacs were lux-o-bargs with fins?

I am unable to remember if it was posted here, but a POS with a flashy paint job is still a POS...

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    A much better interior design than in recent years, finally it looks like the Americans are starting to understand what makes a good looking interior. I wonder if the quality will be up to Europe's best, namely Audi.

As for the performance, I reckon even the RS6 will have a fight on it's hands with this one.
    I really like the interior. It has a certain class to it that you usually find in Audi interiors. Shame the exterior is very angular and tacky especially with the mesh used in the grille/bumper.
    HKS786

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post

i hate this car.
    I dont think it'll be THAT fast but yeah it will be fast. I think it's all going to depend how it puts the power to the ground. I must say that the power/torque figures are really interesting.
    HKS786

doesn't seem like it will be that fast b/c its a caddy. but with that kind of power and torque how could it not be? i think rxbg overreacted. it's been a long day here at the office.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

the article says, that this will be real competition for bmw and merc????????????????????? it NEVER will be.....i can imagine, that it will be bought in america, but really really no where else.......ive never seen a caddy in germany....not even an escalade.......

but still, the price will be much much lower than cars with similar engines.......