Thread: new to MA - emissions fail + indy (or not) service repair (mechanic) options

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by tantheman View Post
    Here is where we are..the state inspector says that my car has a "European tune" and will not allow the car the pass. In other words, the car does not have the factory spec flash on it. I talked the GIAC (since it was tuned by them with previous owner) and they said this has started to become an issue with MA. They (or dealer) needs to put in factory flash before it can pass emissions....Wanted to keep everyone posted and those that will come after me informed.....
    Yea, MA has been tricky as of late. I have VCDS as well. Mine will not pass emissions either, even though it passed last year in NYS. Would be interesting to know what the ready monitors say that is causing the issue. Happy to meet up and check it.
    RS6 904747 | Daytona - Black | 10SecTune | Milltek Cat Back | Gutt'd DPs | trans tune | OEM RS4 wheels

Quote Originally Posted by urs6ville View Post
    Yea, MA has been tricky as of late. I have VCDS as well. Mine will not pass emissions either, even though it passed last year in NYS. Would be interesting to know what the ready monitors say that is causing the issue. Happy to meet up and check it.
    I had evac system "not ready" (I assume the I did not complete a decent drive cycle after the CEL code was cancelled) which I was told was not the issue (one "not ready" is acceptable but two of them are not); but got "fail" for the emission test. I am convinced that any flash that is not factory (including the "stock map" of any aftermarket tuner, unless it is an exact match to factory emissions) causes "fail" for emissions.

Will be happy to meet up and see what your vcds says. Will send pm.