Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pull out your wallet. May the best man win. (Paul Walker's RS6 AVANT for sale )

Quote Originally Posted by trev0006 View Post
    In US all RS6 is automatic, is there a manual RS6 in Europe?
    ~15-20 manuals in US now, think he's joking some, SteveKen likes to make them drive worse....
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by trev0006 View Post
    is there a manual rs6 in europe?
    yes!!!!!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

I say skip in jest....

Anyway, I facilitated one manual RS6 avant in Switzerland (actually rode in it) and one in Moscow, but I never bothered to ask whether it was an avant or not.

Very soon there will be two S6s (in name only) with RS6 exterior and drivetrain and the 6MT. Mine will be one of them.

Therefore, my 'skip' comment is out of snootiness.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

damn would love a manual, my friends car is auto and love it but manual would be epic.

The GIAC hits keep coming.

"I have a GIAC tune and my car is running lean" What is wrong???????

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...82#post9762182

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Look boss.....de proof, de proof

Back to the original thread...two comments come to mind...."I see the stupid money has shown up".....and of course "what did the other one sell for?"

The down side of this is that the seller is trying to capitalize on a dead celebrity to sell something for far more than it is worth. I think most of us would love to purchase this car for a reasonable price, just for the rarity of it, but could give less than half-a-$hit who owned it previously. $45k and still hasn't met reserve? It isn't going to be bought by a car guy (or girl), but most likely by a celeb chaser with deep pockets who will put it in a warehouse and let it gather mothballs with all the other cars they don't drive.

Yeah, it ends up at Barrett Jackson next year.

100,000 mile worn ol station wagon.

It was nice to see it surface for whatever the reason....good luck to the new owner and turn up the juice on that GIAC baby

Now at $53,100....boy is someone going to be sorry when they have to drop another $10-15k, or worse....hope they clean up the tune. I heard reports that some of the GIAC tunes weren't as lean as others, heard, and would never touch it....
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Interesting action on this auction & also surprising that the reserve is set higher than $53,000 however with 46 bids it looks like price has room to melt up further in the 4 days leading up to auction end.
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Considering US federalization would cost $40k according to Scotty, it's a reasonable amount at $53k.

GIAC tune can be easily remedied by reflashing it back to stock or going to another tune for less than $1k.

Unless you can obtain one of the other already federalized avants for a steal, then it's not crazy to expect to have $60k plus invested in an avant built at the factory since you're $0 car value cost is still $40k.

You wanna play you gotta pay, right.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    Considering US federalization would cost $40k according to Scotty, it's a reasonable amount at $53k.
    Estimate 20-25K for a decent car, 5K for shipping, 60K cash for bonds, 15K for federalization... You are supposed to get the 50K back after the car is legal though.

There are 3 RS6 avants in the USA that I know of This car, Shokan's car that was totalled and sold through copart in Houston TX back in 20005-2006 IIRC, and this Red on I have at the shop. I've heard a rumor that there is one in Dallas and I've read documentation through the feds that 5 have been privately imported.
    www.advancedautomotion.com

My GIAC tune was just fine.....Pat commented how it was "spot on" if I recall. Marc (10secS4) also reviewed the logs and stated it was a good tune. Seems the ones that gave the issue were all the original solder in chips and not the flashed version. Has anyone other than myself posted their logs with the flashed version?
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by scottmandu View Post
    Estimate 20-25K for a decent car, 5K for shipping, 60K cash for bonds, 15K for federalization... You are supposed to get the 50K back after the car is legal though.

There are 3 RS6 avants in the USA that I know of This car, Shokan's car that was totalled and sold through copart in Houston TX back in 20005-2006 IIRC, and this Red on I have at the shop. I've heard a rumor that there is one in Dallas and I've read documentation through the feds that 5 have been privately imported.
    I noticed a green one while browsing the Texas Audi site, probably the Dallas car.

Up to $59,200...reserve not met...

Crazy car owners. Egad. lol I'm content in waiting another three years and importing a 2002 fora third the price this one is coming in at.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

So maybe you can school me in the federalization process. Does this mean that this car has had the battery removed from the spare tire well and put in the trunk? Then again, I assume the battery in the trunk vs. spare tire well is a US DOT safety issue vs. US market demanding to have a spare tire?

I would have liked to see what configuration Shokan's old car had when I visited them last year, but it wasn't on site....

and there's this one (i know the owner) :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	~R6140.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	15271
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

So then its 4?