Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
haha that’s awesome and thanks for the kind words. I wasn’t referring to you in my comments I’m just sick of all the negativity regarding our platform. We should be encouraging people to improve he platform and push it forward. This isn’t a financial advice forum. We all know throwing money at cars is not a wise financial decision. I hope we see more people nodding their rs6s. Sam in Ohio has some upgraded turbos on his car and should be dyno tunes any day now. He also has a pretty mega built auto trans on it with some new excess clutches and some wicked torque converter. We need more of this
While it may SOUND like I'm (we're) all being negative, you can't deny how many threads, attempting to make "big power mods" there have been. This is the internet, we don't know anybody. When I see a thread like this, my first thought is "Uh oh, we need to save someone...another someone , like me, that saw a TTV8 car and thought, hey big easy power". For all I know, this guy is a 18-20 year old, who can finally afford his own $10-$15k car, and thinks it is a sure shot 1000hp project. My intent is just to let everyone know, that posts these threads, that it's not that easy and keep your expectations low, be prepared to spend a lot of time and money.
And again, to be fair, your car started at a point where most people are striving to get to. You've never stated how much money you have in your car, and it's none of our business, but I'm very sure it's more than I would ever spend, and ultimately, that was my point, and I consider myself in the majority. Absolutely nothing against you, as we've all said, we like what we like. I am totally impressed with your car. Do I still love the RS6? Yup. Would I trade you for my car? Nope.

AND, I'm pretty sure in most of my posts, I DID wish the OP good luck, as CLEARLY he has an understanding now of what's ahead for him. And I truly mean it. I would LOVE to see someone take an average $10k RS6 and make it a true 600+awhp daily driver. There's a few out there, but my GUESS is they are $35k-$45k projects...something I wasn't willing to do with THIS platform. So I'll own up to a little negativity, but only because I was there...and it wasn't MEANT to be negative, only informative.