Thread: My brand new second hand RS6

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    ...as you should be...

....and turtles are cool...
    Man I tell ya, you LS guys are nuts. We had our monthly car meet last night and our little community has grown quite a bit (I am the only Audi though) and we had over 80 cars out. There was a little beef going on over a 2015 Mustang GT that had a 900hp sticker on it that turned out to be legit but still a few of the LS cars he called out put a hurting on him. We went to Mexico and did some runs and thats when I really saw just how out-gunned I am and will always be. First run was the Stang against a 2012 CTS-V twin turbo making over 1100 rwhp and that CTS just walked all over him. So he went up against the 990 rwhp TT GTO that just trounced him. Then tried the 890 rwhp 2010 Z06 on a 200 shot of nitrous that easily walked him and then he tried the 750 rwhp Camaro ZL1 that got him twice and almost had him a 3rd time but had traction issues at 100. LOL
    For the cost of my front brakes and exhaust they all had more power than I could ever hope to make. Really the Vette and Camaro hardly had much thrown at them at all to make those nice numbers. In normal street conditions I can take all of them to 40 and most to 60 but everyone wants to roll race now and I just cant keep up.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    Man I tell ya, you LS guys are nuts. We had our monthly car meet last night and our little community has grown quite a bit (I am the only Audi though) and we had over 80 cars out. There was a little beef going on over a 2015 Mustang GT that had a 900hp sticker on it that turned out to be legit but still a few of the LS cars he called out put a hurting on him. We went to Mexico and did some runs and thats when I really saw just how out-gunned I am and will always be. First run was the Stang against a 2012 CTS-V twin turbo making over 1100 rwhp and that CTS just walked all over him. So he went up against the 990 rwhp TT GTO that just trounced him. Then tried the 890 rwhp 2010 Z06 on a 200 shot of nitrous that easily walked him and then he tried the 750 rwhp Camaro ZL1 that got him twice and almost had him a 3rd time but had traction issues at 100. LOL
    For the cost of my front brakes and exhaust they all had more power than I could ever hope to make. Really the Vette and Camaro hardly had much thrown at them at all to make those nice numbers. In normal street conditions I can take all of them to 40 and most to 60 but everyone wants to roll race now and I just cant keep up.
    LOL...Yeah, I've said it 1000 times, and I'll say it again, I loved my RS6, but it is the wrong platform to build a fast car. And I'm not too sure you can beat any of them to 40 or 60. My V ran 2.84 0-60, granted at the track with DR's, but still, probably still a mid to high 3 on the street...but I bet your car doesn't clunk and rattle everywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    Pretty difficult to have a single car that does everything. Do you want a 1/4 mile racer that requires frequent overhaul, an autocross racer that corners and brakes well, a midnight bullet to impress the girl friend or the guys even more, a family car that can pick the parents up from the airport, a car to take clients out for lunch, a convertible for those nice days when you want the wind to blow through your hair, do you want quality or speed, do you like to hotrod and perform your own mechanics, do you want good mileage, do you need to account for inclemant weather, etc...??

There will ALWAYS be a faster car and you will always want something that is better than what you already have. That aside, this is why a number of auto enthusiasts have more than one ride and end up with multiple cars that are taylored to a specific desire for that day. I don't have a convertible in the stable any longer, but I do have a midnight racer, a daily driver that doubles for taking clients out for lunch or to run errands with my daughters, and a two seater exotic for those nice weekend days, trips to the mountains, or for a day at the track. It's a great cross mix of automobiles for what I can afford and what I do most. The RS6 will NEVER do it all and it's not designed to do so. Neither will the GTO, CTS-V, ZL-1, or the Mustang you note. The RS6 will however do one thing that NONE of those other cars will and that is perform well on ice and show in the winter.... I would hesitate to guess that the owners of those other cars would park their rides and wouldn't even venture outside if it was raining muchless if there was snow falling....

Just my thoughts.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down