Thanks for all the detailed info. Looking into my options here!

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
lswing, before you go that route you might consider a Lithium. I'm now using Antigravity Lithium batteries in my '74 911 w/3.6ltr motor (3lbs), '87 944 Turbo (4lbs), RS5 (15.5lbs), RS6 (5.75lbs). They are definitely more expensive but you get an even lighter battery but with more cranking amps and reserve capacity compared to the Odyssey 925t. The RS5 is using a T6 with and the RS6 I'm using an ATX-30 which is 20lbs less than the 925t and has more cranking amps. You look at the square plastic box and pick it up and it almost feels like it's empty. The T6 is a much bigger battery, it has about the same cranking amps and Reserve capacity as the OEM battery but only weights 15.5lbs. Due to the RS5's more advanced electronics and battery monitoring it would give strange faults and over voltage spikes when I tried to use the smaller ATX-30. The battery started the car fine but while operating it would give problems. The Alternator/battery management is controlled to do weird things, when coasting it will slightly overcharge the battery and then when on full throttle it will only trickle charge and use off the battery. They call it regeneration, nothing to do with regenerative braking, I think all of the newer Audi's have it now.