Thread: Where are all the modded C5 RS6 at? 500awhp to 800awhp+?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by RS6Goals View Post
    I find it hard to believe that there's not a single C5 RS6 in the world that runs 10. Either way, I don't know why you're bringing up 1/4 mile times when I kept saying street DD use. All I was asking for was 600whp to start and moving into the 800whp category later down the line. are you telling me this isn't attainable too?

You must have a lot of money to burn to be throwing around a 40k car. I hope you can at least understand that not everyone can just dump an additional 30k in one go. Well at least I can.

Does majority in this forum think this way too?
    600whp is a stretch. Assuming 15-18% drivetrain loss anyway. 800whp is a waste of time on this platform. Parts are simply too expensive, and labour simply too high - even if you wrench and fab yourself. Yes, you have to account for your own time at some point when it starts to exceed 'maintenance'.

There 'might' be a C5 running a 10sec slip, but it's not on this forum. IF there is one, it's a far cry from normal and includes a host of $$$ to lay claim to doing so.

Asked and answered....
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    600whp is a stretch. Assuming 15-18% drivetrain loss anyway. 800whp is a waste of time on this platform. Parts are simply too expensive, and labour simply too high - even if you wrench and fab yourself. Yes, you have to account for your own time at some point when it starts to exceed 'maintenance'.

There 'might' be a C5 running a 10sec slip, but it's not on this forum. IF there is one, it's a far cry from normal and includes a host of $$$ to lay claim to doing so.

Asked and answered....
    And I'll be building it myself. I build cars as a hobby so I don't really track the hours. I've accepted the downside of having money pit of a project

And we will see I suppose since I don't plan to go for 800whp until 2-3 years from now. A lot can change from now till then.