Thread: Future Rs4 and RS6

Question Future Rs4 and RS6

The last time there 's spoken a lot about the next generation Audi RS4 and RS6. Also there are a lot of questions about this two future models. for example : How will the look, will the be verry diverrent to the allready existing models, what kind of enigines can we expect from Quattro GMBH, Bigger engines, more horsepower who knows !!! The only and most inportante question is " Will there be a next generation of RS4 and RS6 cars (supersaloons) I always thougt that the Audi RS4 was made to close down and finish the old but verry succesfull A4 Series. So after that Audi could begin to introduce the new A4 serie.
    I think the same about the Audi RS6
    because there will be no future models made based on the existing A6 Series. Also the new A6 serie is waiting to make his entry!! I could be wrong, but i think the next generation RS4 and RS6 will not be produced on short time base!! (1/3 years) Untill that time we can only think and dream about this fantastic Supercars. Please share your opinion about this supject !!!

Audi Rullezzzzzzz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs6-front.jpg 
Views:	1439 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	1224  

My guessing

The next Audi RS4 will be the first one where Audi re-uses the name of an RS car.

I suppose it will have:

V8, no turbos, and around 420-430 hp
    DRC like the RS6
    DSG gearbox (Hopefully)
    With a bit of luck in avant, saloon and coupé shapes.

Remember that Audi now owns Lamborghini, and Lamborghini will be the user of the high(est)-end engines.

The cars we will see in the next few years are:
    * Audi quattro LeMans ~ 450 hp
    * RS4 with V8 ~420 hp
    * S8 V8 or V10? A V10 should do nicely between the A8 V8 and * A8 W12 don't you think...?
    * Pikes Peak. Perhaps a smaller X3 copy as well?
    * A6/A4 Coupé (Novulari I guess will not be built)

The RS4 should be tested for winter conditions up north in Sweden so I suppose we'll see spy pics soon.
    Otherwise I guess it will be seen at Nürburgring during 2004.

Regarding Lamborghini expect them to expand the amount of models in the future. Porsche is making a 4-door 911, in the future every car company wants to be everywhere...
    http://www.lambocars.com/framed/third.htm
    http://www.lambocars.com/framed/newmodel.htm
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

S6 V10 in 2005 ?

Hi,

One of my regular mags, Motor from Australia, has a list of Performance Cars in the Pipeline.

In 2004 it includes an Audi RS3, while in 2005 it includes an Audi S6 (V10).

No guarantees, but a V10 S6 would give the RS6 a run for its money.
    Kiwi RS6

----------------------------------
    2003 RS6
    1963 Austin Healey 3000 Mk II

Re: S6 V10 in 2005 ?

Originally posted by Kiwi RS6
    Hi,

while in 2005 it includes an Audi S6 (V10).

No guarantees, but a V10 S6 would give the RS6 a run for its money.
    ...Untill the next RS6 arrives...:trans:

The new A6 grille will take some getting used to. I've seen one picture elsewhere in which it had some appeal, but most -- including the jabbas photo -- make it look added on as an afterthought, rather than integral to the rest of the design IMO. I much prefer the look of the current RS6 or A6 from the front.

As always, tho, photos don't tell the whole story. Will have to see how it looks in the flesh before passing final judgment. Audi has come so far...I hope they don't blow it at the front like BMW has at the rear.

looking at how VAG likes to share its basic engines (1.8T in various bodies), (2.7TT in old S4 and A6 and allroad), (4.2 in various forms in A8 S8 A6 S6 Allroad Tourag (sp?) i will not be surpise the Gallardo V10 will be go back to mommy for Audi.

yes, the TT V10 would certainly looks lovely in the LMQ. hope it goes into production as good as the prototype.

purely my guess, but a detuned (or same) V10 under 500 hp will be used in the S8(RS8) or RS6. and eventually the V10 TT will make it back to the gallardo once there is something else for the murcielargo. will the V10 TT be used? well, let's hope.

also looking at the history of evolution:
    M3: I4 > I6 > ?V8
    M5: I6 > V8 > V10

S4: V6TT > V8
    S6: V8 > ?byebye
    RS6: V8TT > ?

now that the smaller cars are going for V8's, quite logical for the mid size car to go to with a V10 (as VAG already has a fine working one, under the Audi family)

detuned or not, depends on what the numbers look on the M5. One-upmanship is always at work with these german giants.

Bring on the V10 TT...oh with I think about 620 or so hp.....that would do nicely...thank you very much.
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Bring on the V10 TT...oh with I think about 620 or so hp.....that would do nicely...thank you very much.
    Or the W12 TT ...

Finnus

2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

Originally posted by Finnus
    Or the W12 TT ...

Finnus

Or the W12 TWIN TURBO TT ...

Originally posted by Finnus
    Or the W12 TT ...
    i was thinking about this one too. nice, but i would imagine the Bentley boys will not like VAG's marketing move if they cross this engine back to (less marked up) cars in the group.

Originally posted by gnomik007
    Or the W12 TWIN TURBO TT ...
    Lol, aren't we using TT to mean twin turbo already?

Anyway, would the Gallardo V10 fit in any A6 sized car? Hopefully their decision to use this engine would force them into a front midship engine layout.

To get a twin turbo twin turbo you can buy the Bugatti Veyron, another VAG Top of the line.

V16 with quad turbos... :bigeyes: