Thread: definitive tire, wheel, and offset thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by nistah View Post
    Thanks Erik! I found out that they are 19X8.5 5X112 bolt pattern with 43MM offset. With this info can anyone advise what would need to be done to make these peelers fit the beast properly?Thanks in advance!~
    Thanks to the high offset, you would need to add spacers to keep the inner edge of the tire away from your strut.

Based on the wheel dimensions, the inner edge will be ~17.4mm closer to the suspension strut than your original wheels/tires, and the outer edge will be ~4.7mm further inward.

You will need to adapt the hub bore from the 57.1mm hub on the RS6 to the 66.56mm bore on the wheel.

You'll be in need of the following:
    4x57.1->66.56mm hub bore adapters, 5x112 bolt pattern
    4x20mm 5x112 bolt pattern spacers

They'll need to be in this sandwich order:
    Wheel -> Adapter -> Spacer -> Hub

When you're finished with this, your wheels will stick out just about 5/8 of an inch further than the stock wheels (-4.7mm + 20mm = +15.3mm)

Good luck, hope they look as good on the car as painted stockers, I got my fair share of compliments on the meteor black 18's that I used for my winter setup

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    Thanks to the high offset, you would need to add spacers to keep the inner edge of the tire away from your strut.

Based on the wheel dimensions, the inner edge will be ~17.4mm closer to the suspension strut than your original wheels/tires, and the outer edge will be ~4.7mm further inward.

You will need to adapt the hub bore from the 57.1mm hub on the RS6 to the 66.56mm bore on the wheel.

When you're finished with this, your wheels will stick out just about 5/8 of an inch further than the stock wheels (-4.7mm + 20mm = +15.3mm)

Good luck, hope they look as good on the car as painted stockers, I got my fair share of compliments on the meteor black 18's that I used for my winter setup

O_E
    Thank you O_E will keep you posted on how everything works out!!!
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

O_E

Erik I pulled the trigger on the set of slicers described above. I understand that I will need 4x57.1->66.56mm hub bore adapters, 5x112 bolt pattern however not clear on the 4x20mm 5x112 bolt pattern spacers they seem to have spacers for both the 57.1 & 66.5 hub bore wheels since I am adapting to 66.56 I suspect I need the first ones listed below

20mm Hubcentric Wheel Spacer Kit Fit Audi A5/S5 2009-2012 Bolt Pattern: 5x112 Center Bore: 66.5 Thread Type...

20mm 5x112 Hubcentric Wheel Spacers for Audi A4 A3 A6 VW Jetta Golf GTI (57.1 Bore)

However not sure, please confirm so I can idiot proof my plan before ordering. Thanks again for your knowledge and help on this topic!
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Erik I pulled the trigger on the set of slicers described above. I understand that I will need 4x57.1->66.56mm hub bore adapters, 5x112 bolt pattern however not clear on the 4x20mm 5x112 bolt pattern spacers they seem to have spacers for both the 57.1 & 66.5 hub bore wheels since I am adapting to 66.56 I suspect I need the first ones listed below

20mm Hubcentric Wheel Spacer Kit Fit Audi A5/S5 2009-2012 Bolt Pattern: 5x112 Center Bore: 66.5 Thread Type...

20mm 5x112 Hubcentric Wheel Spacers for Audi A4 A3 A6 VW Jetta Golf GTI (57.1 Bore)

However not sure, please confirm so I can idiot proof my plan before ordering. Thanks again for your knowledge and help on this topic!
    Hopefully I'm not too late to help.

You _can_ use either of those spacers. It's all a question of how you sandwich the stack. I would recommend you go this way:

Hub-->Adapter-->Spacer-->Wheel
    In which case you would want the 57.1->66.56mm adapter and the 66.56mm spacer

If you've already ordered everything and picked up the 57.1mm spacer, you'll need to sandwich them like so:

Hub-->Spacer-->Adapter-->Wheel
    I only say that I don't recommend this because it means putting your wheel lugs through the wheel and the adapter into the spacer, and I know what a pain in the ass it is to mount wheels by hand without a magic stick...

Erik
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

You _can_ use either of those spacers. It's all a question of how you sandwich the stack. I would recommend you go this way:

If you've already ordered everything and picked up the 57.1mm spacer, you'll need to sandwich them like so:

I only say that I don't recommend this because it means putting your wheel lugs through the wheel and the adapter into the spacer, and I know what a pain in the ass it is to mount wheels by hand without a magic stick...

Erik
    THanks! Yeah I followed Corbett's advice and got the 57.1 Hub Centric Wheel Spacers W/ 14x1.5 Lug Bolts to match up to the 57.1->66.56mm adapter. I am having a tire shop handle the mounting so hopefully it will not make much of a difference.

Originally Posted by nistah

Erik
    Since installing the 19X8.5 43MM offset peeler wheels from a 2012 S4 I sometimes get an annoying squeaking noise when going over bumps.

I used 57.1->66.56mm hub bore adapters and 4 Pc Audi 5x112 20 MM Thick 57.1 Hub Centric Wheel Spacers to fit the wheels. Thought the squeaks may have been from increased load however mechanic took a look and suggested spacers were too large and thus rubbing. Anyone know what size spacer I should try next?? If I was to order the 20 MM 66.56 hub spacer could that eliminate the squeaking problem or would I need another size.

Originally Posted by nistah

Since installing the 19X8.5 43MM offset peeler wheels from a 2012 S4 I sometimes get an annoying squeaking noise when going over bumps.

I used 57.1->66.56mm hub bore adapters and 4 Pc Audi 5x112 20 MM Thick 57.1 Hub Centric Wheel Spacers to fit the wheels. Thought the squeaks may have been from increased load however mechanic took a look and suggested spacers were too large and thus rubbing. Anyone know what size spacer I should try next?? If I was to order the 20 MM 66.56 hub spacer could that eliminate the squeaking problem or would I need another size.
    Did you use any lubricant on the metal-metal contact surface of the spacer? Recommend brake anti-squeak compound, shouldn't need too very much of it. Sorry, have been doing my own wrenchwork so long it never even occurred to me to suggest that. Should also help keep the rust buildup at bay (for now)

O_E