Thread: RS6+ ecu swap to rs6 north america

RS6+ ecu swap to rs6 north america

Wondering if this will work with no other mods, I feel like this would be the best option for a “tune” as it came from Audi. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

It will, if you kill the immo.
    No, it's not the best tune option, as it came totally crappy from Audi.
    I get, that it's hard to believe statements like that from a random guy in the interwebz, however.

Quote Originally Posted by nubcake View Post
    It will, if you kill the immo.
    No, it's not the best tune option, as it came totally crappy from Audi.
    I get, that it's hard to believe statements like that from a random guy in the interwebz, however.

Ive heard that Blake Beadle is one of the best out there for a tune, when I first got my rs6 I was leaning towards apr but it is so overpriced in my opinion. I’ve only been an RS6 owner for a few months now but I’ve got to say this car is such a joy and a priveledge to drive, so rare that sadly no one looks twice. Even 90% of the people with Audi’s think I’m in an old a6 lol.....till I put the pedal to the floor and take off like a rocket ship 😂

Blake has tuned all of my Audis. I think 3 B5 S4's so far, 2 of my dads S4's as well.

I had him do an emissions delete on my RS6. Going to have him code it over for manual hopefully this weekend and a very aggressive stage 1 aswell.

I know Blake, he's a nice guy.
    And he'll definitely do a better job, than factory did in those RS6+.

I’m going to do the timing belt before the tune but am worried about the TC, I spoke to Blake and he said if it slips he can always go down on the tune. From your guys experience what are the limits of the TC? Seems like it’s already over its limit just factory.

Last 6 of vin?

if your not prepared to rebuild the trans then I wouldn't tune it. Or if you did tune it and it's a early vin... I would code out the torque converter clutch.

There's no such thing as "tq converter clutch code out" with ST1-2 ECU tunes, as it's thrown by the TCU.
    Also, it's generally a (very) bad idea to fix hardware issues by software "code outs", eco stuff being the only exception (JMHO).

That being said, regardless of early/late VIN - I recommend to get it tuned. If you're going with Blake, just let him know what you want and make up your mind on future tranny longevity.
    You can mostly preserve tq levels & only increase power up top. Or you can go all out with the "when it blows, it blows" philosophy. Or you can pick some middle spot. I've seen stock transmissions live for years with some hybrid turbos behind them (and some 28-ish psi peaks), or, on the other hand - some break under daily driving without any tune at all.

If anything - getting it tuned is worth it at least to have proper fueling, which is a total mess from the factory.
    Be sure, however, to scan for codes first - and generally make sure the car is great mechanically.

I've never attempted to code out tcc but it was mentioned here by a tune provider. Can't remember who it was but the premise was to not engage the tcc and thus not risk the clutch material thru the trans which is what takes out the rest of the trans.

I would ageee with stock fueling. A mess

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I've never attempted to code out tcc but it was mentioned here by a tune provider. Can't remember who it was but the premise was to not engage the tcc and thus not risk the clutch material thru the trans which is what takes out the rest of the trans.
    Ah, now I get, what you meant.
    Yea, it's possible to disable tcc locking in the TCU tune, however it takes someone who actually knows what he's doing. Very few people out there with that trait nowadays.
    Actually I think it was initially suggested by Daz, who had since unfortunately passed.

Quote Originally Posted by jolio1994 View Post
    Blake has tuned all of my Audis. I think 3 B5 S4's so far, 2 of my dads S4's as well.

I had him do an emissions delete on my RS6. Going to have him code it over for manual hopefully this weekend and a very aggressive stage 1 aswell.
    Can't go wrong with Blake he did my 0A3 6MT tune.
    03 RS6 Avus Silver, Ebony Interior, 133K Mi, Yellow Koni's, Hotchkis Sway Bars, 0A3 6MT, Blake Beadle Custom Tune, Vin 905641

Thanks for all the input, I’ve parked the rs6 for a bit and am now driving my 1990 80 until I can get a few things squared away. Getting some chain rattle on the driver side head so definitely needs addressing. Wonder wha will be worse....tensioners on my rs6 or b6 s4???