Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: The Audi RS5 will debut at Geneva 2010

Why does Audi allow this to happen? Even with a few years of the E92 being on the market Audi can't produce an RS car that at least out-accelerates its competition...............very disappointing. Starting to have second thoughts about trading my RS4 in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post
    Why does Audi allow this to happen? Even with a few years of the E92 being on the market Audi can't produce an RS car that at least out-accelerates its competition...............very disappointing. Starting to have second thoughts about trading my RS4 in.
    Audi RS5: 1800kg
    BMW M3: 1655kg

+ 145kg

more weight yes but 30hp more, DSG...vs manual M3. The RS4 gets killed as well so keep it :-)

YES

RS4 the best!

Come on, even without going up to 6000 rpm, the RS5 is MUCH MORE nervous than the RS4, even remaped.

I was the first claiming the RS5 was not at level with it's engine, and i was fully wrong. The engine is the most significant change compared to the RS4. Disappointed on other details, but not this one. That's really a big surprise.

I believe you of course. Personally sold my RS4 because I always felt it slow (avant version) eventhough noise and revving was nice. Probably the same with RS5 which is killed be its weight.

Now no doubt it is a nice car and I wish you enjoy it fully. Simply not the type of car I am looking at currently.

How was your "show day" today with Youry ?

Ciao

Fab

we had lots of fun....

and on my way back I achieved 1000 Km on the odometer and let the engine brake loose and wild....ooooooooooh boy it rocks..... rs4 V8 feels slow vs RS5 from what I remember.... a real pleasure. and esase to get to speed limit that was not that ovbisous with RS4 V8.... adn its only 1000 Km.

Tuesday it will go on dyno..... I expect 410 to 420hp persoaanlly we will see....
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

what about the ceramics ?? still in the brake in period as well but any comments : pedal feel, strenght, etc.

looking forward to more pics guys !

thanks

well to make it simple. here is a slideshow of all thep ics taken by the organizer of the event close to Versailles-Paris.
    you will see both our RS5 taken and other cars.
    http://img593.imageshack.us/slidesho...d=dsc07224.jpg
    I have tried hard the ceramics brakes during a AUDI Sportcars Experience on SPA race circuit mid 2010.

Mine feel great. Brakes hard, but have not pushed them really hard so far yet. Pedal feel is nice. no issues to report so far for sure.

I should get today or very soon my personalizzed licenze plate (9-005-RS). 9 is obliged for personalized plates. 9-RS-005 was taken as well as 9-RS-500
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

I will show the power/torque curves later, but I dynoed my RS5 this morning around 9 am.
    First run reveealed 434hp and second 438hp et 435Nm.... the car HAS ONLY BEEN DRIVEN 1010 Km...

So this is now party time !!!!! ....

AUDI seems to have indeed made a non turbocharged engine that has its announced power (as the 12 hp missing will come for sure after 5 to 10000 Km fait...)
    Or did I get an exceptionnal engine ? other dynos seemed to only get around 420 hp... so I already hear poeple saying that this fyno is not setup right or too optimistic.... believe me its notas all RS4 V8 mesured on this same dyno has between 360 and 380 hp (OEM)....
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

Quote Originally Posted by youry View Post
    I will show the power/torque curves later, but I dynoed my RS5 this morning around 9 am.
    First run reveealed 434hp and second 438hp et 435Nm.... the car HAS ONLY BEEN DRIVEN 1010 Km...

So this is now party time !!!!! ....

AUDI seems to have indeed made a non turbocharged engine that has its announced power (as the 12 hp missing will come for sure after 5 to 10000 Km fait...)
    Or did I get an exceptionnal engine ? other dynos seemed to only get around 420 hp... so I already hear poeple saying that this fyno is not setup right or too optimistic.... believe me its notas all RS4 V8 mesured on this same dyno has between 360 and 380 hp (OEM)....
    That's great, Youry! No wonder you're pleased. Will be VERY interesting to see what happens when it loosens up - perhaps MORE than Audi's advertised power???
    My very first Audi... 2011 RS5, Phantom Black, 20" Titanium Alloys... sweet!
    My other car's a Harley Davidson

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroRisk View Post
    That's great, Youry! No wonder you're pleased. Will be VERY interesting to see what happens when it loosens up - perhaps MORE than Audi's advertised power???
    I think the interesting thing will come when you get the chance to take on an M3 DCT and see if all the magazine reports are typical and not just press cars optimised for the job.

Dear Friends,

Poweroutput fur sure is not a problem. I havent heard about one engine that put out less than its claimed figures on the Engine dyno, most of them are +~5%.

You might want to know that the engine has been engineered with "help" from Sant’Agata.

Qisha

PS: the only thing cutting even better performance figures (>100km/h) is the transmission gearing... and that idea was not origin...

Dear Qisha,

do you know when the facelift comes for the A5?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,

Poweroutput fur sure is not a problem. I havent heard about one engine that put out less than its claimed figures on the Engine dyno, most of them are +~5%.

You might want to know that the engine has been engineered with "help" from Sant’Agata.

Qisha

PS: the only thing cutting even better performance figures (>100km/h) is the transmission gearing... and that idea was not origin...
    You are saying that all RS5 engines are making a minimum of 450ps but could be as high as 472.5ps, if correct than would mean the RS5 has up to 50hp more than most stock M3 and as much as the C63. So why does the M3 almost always post better acceleration times than the RS5 and this increases as the speed does. I can fully get why the in-gear times are slower, especially from 5th onwards because like you already said it's been geared to improve economy instead of outright performance, which comes to my next question, why was this done, since you said this wasn't the original choice.

this should be obvious. weight and quattro are the reasons...

quattro is always good in performance for 0-100 but higher it penalizes due to more losses in the transmission. for me this is obvious...
    Youry
    RS QUATTRO
    www.rsquattro.com

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    So why does the M3 almost always post better acceleration times than the RS5 and this increases as the speed does. I can fully get why the in-gear times are slower, especially from 5th onwards...
    Joker, your statement about the M3 posting better acceleration times needs some qualification - the RS5 posts better times up to around 150kmh where the M3 really starts to get away from it. I may have to reformat the following to make it more readable, but here are some comparison times from a recent test, that also included a 911. Note, also, how the RS5 out-brakes the M3.

Readings Audi BMW Porsche

0 - 50 km / h 1.7 s 2.0 s 1.7 s
    0 - 80 km / h 3.2s 3.4 s 3.1 s
    0-100 km / h 4.5 s 4.7 s 4.4 s
    0-130 km / h 7.0 s 7.1 s 6.7 s
    0-160 km / h 10.2 s 10.1 s 9.7 s
    0-200 km / h 16.3 s 15.9 s 15.4 s

Braking distance
    100-0 km / h cold (delay) 35.9 m (-10.7 m / s ˛) 36.1 m (-10.7 m / s ˛) 35.8 m (-10.8 m / s ˛)
    100-0 km / h warm (delay) 34.2 m (-11.3 m / s ˛) 35.3 m (-11.0 m / s ˛) 33,3 m (-11.6 m / s ˛)
    200-0 km / h warm (delay) 138.4 m (-11.2 m / s ˛) 140.3 m (-11.0 m / s ˛) 135.8 m (-11.4 m / s ˛)

More detailed figures can be found at http://www.autobild.de/artikel/audi-...t-1302937.html (it translates pretty well using Google Translate if, like me, you don't read German).

That's a bit closer than some others I have seen, in some tests the M3 even beats it to 60, something that really the RS5 should win due to it's superior traction. But even your figures shows that I was at least right in saying the M3 pulls away from 100mph on.

The weight is probably the biggest failing of the RS5, at quoted output it's got less hp/lbs than the M3, but if it's got as much as Qisha hinted at than it's got actually a little more. So not only did Audi deal the RS5 a blow with it's weight it also deal a double blow with it's gearing.

The RS5 is brilliant, the guys on here can confirm that opinion but 145kg more than the car it needed to beat was a little too much.

Why Audi, why?