Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New-to-me RS6, V#905530 , parts needed list

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    Update: (ed. for brevity) Other_Erik
    Another Update!

Done:
    Battery replaced, hope it's good for another 10 years
    Got the mounting hardware for the splash guard, criminy ~$110 later
    Cargo net ordered (should receive today)
    Replaced high-mount brake lights with cheapie Sylvania bulbs, gotta research some LED replacements
    DETAILED! Paint looks MUCH better condition
    Windshield sorted (3 big chippies, lifetime warranty from Safelite)
    CF Interior ordered June 11, now 31 days later and still no status from OCarbon, getting a little impatient
    K40 ordered and paid for, installation scheduled

To-Do:
    Viper Tuning ECU/TCU flash will have to wait until I can let the car sit for a week - have to get my Grand Prix in better shape first, needs the EBTCM rebuilt due to ABS faults.
    Need to find the proper fitment and order the hubcentric mounting rings so I can run the S5 wheels that I bought from my brother. I know the size difference (57.1-66.6mm hub), but the depth of the spacer is giving me fits - some have recommended as high as 18mm, largest I can find in proper fitment is 10mm.
    Install parts (cargo net, tail lights, splash guard, airbox locking spring nuts, rubber tubing for rear mount of front airbox cover, and in-channel rainguards - that's this weekend, if I can get time to do it Sunday)
    Getting an oil change on Tuesday, breaking 125k today and ready to start my ritual yearly/5k miles oil change schedule.
    Need to mount front license plate - mounting holes look like they're for a motorcycle plate or equivalent smaller size. Got a mount from europeanplates, had to trim my new plate with tin snips to fit snug.

Parts still needed:
    Windshield Wiper arm post cap nut - still need this silly little plastic cap, haven't been able to find anything the right size/fitment/color
    I think I'm missing a lens or something - on the interior trim of the driver's door, there's a squared hole with a red light behind it (lit when door open), and I see a bracket of some sort in the hole but nothing covering it.

tl;dr: Getting things done, still finding small things missing...
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Quick update:

Things are slowing down for me... Installed the Cargo net and rain guards, got a K40, oil changed, license plate mounted. Still seeking misc small parts.

Biggest question of the day - trying to track down Adam Zawa - everywhere I look, he says "email me", but there's no option to do so here on rs6.com or any other forum I find him on, and (understandably), no email address posted.
    If anyone could PM me his email, just wanna see how much he'd want for an RNS-E with all the Bluetooth trimmings, adapters, nav keys, etc... to pop into #905530 (with Bose, Symphony II, Onstar, no factory nav)

Navigation from cell phone is a non-starter for me, T-Mobile has great signal at my house, but once I get more than ~2 miles away, Edge network no signal no updates...

Thanks
    Other_Erik
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

. . .

Biggest question of the day - trying to track down Adam Zawa - everywhere I look, he says "email me", but there's no option to do so here on rs6.com or any other forum I find him on, and (understandably), no email address posted.
    If anyone could PM me his email. . .
    PM sent w/ email addy
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Quick update:
    Things are slowing down for me...
    Another update:

Got the brake capsules installed, looks pretty tits from behind, ordered up LED replacements for the high-mount brake lights (incandescent bulbs keep burning out)
    Also got a replacement cap for the wiper arm, big thanks to SteveKen!
    Managed to finagle the locking spring nuts into place, can't get one of them to stay snapped down, but that may be because I haven't put the rubber tubing on the mount for the back end of the front cover...
    Oh, finally pulled the trigger on a VAG-COM! Anyone have a tips&tricks type document for little tweaks I can put in? A coworker asked me to turn on the rain sensor in his new VW so he can leave his windows open and the car will automatically close them if it sees enough drips on the windshield... neat stuff like that
    Got in touch with Zawa, ordering up an RNS-E kit from him with Bluetooth. Good guy to deal with!

To-Do:
    Viper Tuning ECU/TCU flash will have to wait until I can let the car sit for a week - Grand Prix should hopefully be back running again this weekend.
    Need to find the proper fitment and order the hubcentric mounting rings so I can run the S5 wheels that I bought from my brother. I know the size difference (57.1-66.6mm hub), but the depth of the spacer is giving me fits - some have recommended as high as 18mm, largest I can find in proper fitment is 10mm.
    Install parts (splash guard, rubber tubing for rear mount of front airbox cover)
    STILL waiting for oCarbon to get back to me on when I should expect my carbon trims - put the order in June 11th, now 8 weeks later...
    Last edited by Other_Erik; August 8th, 2013 at 16:19. Reason: Zawa

Moving along very nice! Sad to hear about the hold up with OCarbon. I plan to do the trim this winter. Maybe I should order now!
    2003 Audi RS6 Avus Silver

Latest update, build progress, etc... this is fun

Recently done:
    Installed the RNS-E, having issues that Zawa and I are working out, hopefully this will be sorted very soon
    Installed the 8 pieces of CF Interior that OCarbon finally got around to sending. Expect a whole 'nother thread on this here very soon.

To-Do:
    ECU/TCU Flash: going back and forth on whether to go with Viper and have to wait a week and pay more, or going with 10SecS4's Tune, which can be out and back in 3 days...
    Selling the wheels that I got from my brother (S5 Prestige wheels)
    Install parts (splash guard, rubber tubing for rear mount of front airbox cover)
    Gotta pick up winter tires (see below)
    EGT Sensor refresh/possible replacement (see below)
    Have to raise the suspension one notch. Anyone have experience with the KW V3's, any way to do this without a remove/reinstall? I'm not at all experienced with fiddling with suspensions, so I'd rather not screw it up myself if it can be helped...
    Cam seals are pissing oil all over. Anyone know if Timken 1108 is the proper part to fix this? Also looking at Victor Reinz Cam Plugs to at least stop the bleeding in the meantime, and give a proper seal once the Plugs are replaced.

Other than the above, everything is running sweet! Starting to scrape together parts for other routine maintenance and whatnot.
    Picked up a full set of brake pads - Hawk HPS Ceramics - will wait for the front pads to dip under 20% life remaining, possibly just swapping them in when I get my winter wheels setup ready for inclement weather.
    Picked up a spare set of OE 18" RS6 wheels, getting them repainted Lava Grey to help hide brake dust and blend better with the car. Looking at Blizzak's to mount, question is do I go with cheap LM-60's on clearance on TireRack or spend the extra $50/ea for the new LM-39's? the 39's have a wider tread pattern, but winter tires should be a bit skinnier anyway to cut through snow and slush... Thoughts?
    EGT Sensor readings are starting to go a little haywire. Considering pulling them and re-soldering the thermocouple input to see if that fixes the problem, otherwise gonna be another ~$500 in parts to keep the beast happy

Go with the 60's i got them on close out, no shame, still a great tire.

Where did you get the OE set of wheels!? I have been looking for a reasonably priced set to do the same thing (paint matte gray).

Quote Originally Posted by Dmb408 View Post
    Go with the 60's i got them on close out, no shame, still a great tire.

Where did you get the OE set of wheels!? I have been looking for a reasonably priced set to do the same thing (paint matte gray).
    YGPM on OE wheels

So back to my fun-filled wallet destruction...

Summer tires are just shy of bald, either going to pick up new Michelin PSS for the stock wheels or a set of OE 19's with tires already on them (roughly same price) - no probs there

Just recently, my turn signal stopped flashing. When I key off and then back on, I hit the stalk and the signal flashes once, sometimes a couple of times, then solid. Done my research and this may be a turn signal stalk replacement (need a part number for that), but I have to see if my hazards blink first, because if not then its more likely a hazards module replacement (more money, I'm sure, and need a part number for that)

Been a while since I updated this thread...
    Re-soldered my EGT Sensors at the thermocouple wire to PCB in the housing, zero issues with those since then
    Sold the S5 Prestige wheels/tires to a guy who blew 2 tires and destroyed 2 rims on his Allroad (Momo rims for the lose, apparently a 3" pothole is too much at 35 mph)
    Got winter tires mounted on stockers that were painted Lava Grey (almost black), those look great
    Raised the suspension (got rid of my clunking at full wheel-over turn at low speed)
    Forced manual adjustment of headlights to highest possible. Now I can see maybe 60 feet down the road at night instead of 30

OCarbon review incoming, they are going to hate me :|

O_E

So back to my fun-filled wallet destruction...

Summer tires are just shy of bald, either going to pick up new Michelin PSS for the stock wheels or a set of OE 19's with tires already on them (roughly same price) - no probs there

Just recently, my turn signal stopped flashing. When I key off and then back on, I hit the stalk and the signal flashes once, sometimes a couple of times, then solid. Done my research and this may be a turn signal stalk replacement (need a part number for that), but I have to see if my hazards blink first, because if not then its more likely a hazards module replacement (more money, I'm sure, and need a part number for that)

O_E
    My hazards blink even when my turn signal won't, so it sounds like it's a turn signal stalk replacement for me. Anyone have a quick rundown of what's required? Hoping it's just remove the shroud, pull the screws, pull the old stalk and put the new one on in reverse order. Also, is this the correct part number? 8L0 953 513 N

Thanks
    O_E

it might be the relay as well, it is common body with the hazard lights button on the dashboard, have you checked the fault code with the vcds?
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Quick follow-up on this issue

Got mine cleared up without having to spend anything (hooray for cheap fixes!)

Took a can of compressed air to the entire shroud area, blew out a bunch of dust. Turned on the car, turn signals function perfectly. I guess the contacts on the signal stalk had enough dust buildup they were not making proper constant contact. Never got around to reading the codes (too busy with the other vehicle at the moment), but there you have it, problem solved

O_E

"Very heavily considering picking up the Wagner IC's being offered here, full kit will run me ~$1500 and hopefully help charge temp when I'm sitting in DC area traffic in the summertime."

Have you been able to test this theory? I have reservations on this actually working.....not that it would stop me.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    "Very heavily considering picking up the Wagner IC's being offered here, full kit will run me ~$1500 and hopefully help charge temp when I'm sitting in DC area traffic in the summertime."

Have you been able to test this theory? I have reservations on this actually working.....not that it would stop me.
    I haven't. I posted that a while back, when someone had a set of unused Wag's they had purchased and never installed. I can't justify $2k to the wifey to replace parts that are in working order, especially since her Jeep is still half-apart in the garage, and we're moving house in a couple of weeks. My concern even with the higher volume and higher flow is that eventually, it will get heat-soaked. If you've got traffic and are worried about charge temp, you'd likely be better off switching over to an alcy spray system - can't recommend any brand since I haven't used them, but I hear that Devil's Own puts together some high-quality kit.