Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For Sale: 6 Speed Manual Swap Kit in NJ/Phlia

It's not semantics, it's that your thread is inaccurate and misleading to prospective buyers. The pile of used parts you're selling isn't "complete" NOR a "kit" let alone a "complete kit" as incorrectly listed in your ad. If it were a "complete kit," it would be just that...complete! We're talking tune, flywheel, clutch, starter, adapter, etc. plus whatever else is needed to make the 6-speed swap in the RS6 a bolt on affair. Nothing about what you're selling is complete with regards to a swap into ANY Audi, let alone an RS6. When most people refer to the word "kit" in the automotive industry they think of ALL parts needed to complete the job, ease of installation, detailed instructions with photos, etc, etc... A "kit" makes the whole job easier and saves on labor. What you're selling is the opposite of a kit... It's just a bunch of A6 parts and the end user is required to purchase additional parts, software, and make custom modifications (such as grinding the block) which is the direct opposite of what one would be doing when they purchase a "kit." I hope this helps clarify things a bit. Good luck with your sale.

Quote Originally Posted by tjb616 View Post
    Thanks guys. Cant help but shake my head a little. Semantics at this point, but its a C5 6 speed swap kit, as it says in the title. I have had twice as many emails from 2.7t and 4.2 C5 A6 guys about these parts as I have from RS6 owners (hence the included ecu and the note about it) and for most of those, it is a direct complete "kit" (short of the clutch setup). Truth be told I copied and pasted my Audizine ad here.

Regardless, Ive had at least 3 phone conversations with RS6 owners, and Ive been sharing the knowledge I have gained about the swap with each of them. I would never sell the kit to someone under the impression they are going to install it over a weekend without any additional parts or effort.

Geez man let it go...seller has admitted it's not a full kit...not sure why you keep grinding on this post.

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecS4 View Post
    It's not semantics, it's that your thread is inaccurate and misleading to prospective buyers. The pile of used parts you're selling isn't "complete" NOR a "kit" let alone a "complete kit" as incorrectly listed in your ad. If it were a "complete kit," it would be just that...complete! We're talking tune, flywheel, clutch, starter, adapter, etc. plus whatever else is needed to make the 6-speed swap in the RS6 a bolt on affair. Nothing about what you're selling is complete with regards to a swap into ANY Audi, let alone an RS6. When most people refer to the word "kit" in the automotive industry they think of ALL parts needed to complete the job, ease of installation, detailed instructions with photos, etc, etc... A "kit" makes the whole job easier and saves on labor. What you're selling is the opposite of a kit... It's just a bunch of A6 parts and the end user is required to purchase additional parts, software, and make custom modifications (such as grinding the block) which is the direct opposite of what one would be doing when they purchase a "kit." I hope this helps clarify things a bit. Good luck with your sale.
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

No sir, even his last reply stated "it is a direct complete "kit""

Just want to make sure everyone realizes his post was incorrect and that this is not complete, a kit, or a complete kit. He's selling a bunch of 13 year old A6 parts from a smashed car. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    Geez man let it go...seller has admitted it's not a full kit...not sure why you keep grinding on this post.

@ $2K, the plethora of car enthusiasts on this board would well understand that other parts are required to complete things for a 6sp swap project. If one was to get caught up in the verbiage, it would be reasonable to say that the sale is for all the 'donar' parts required as part of the project - which are well listed.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

To be fair 10secS4, you're the only one here that feels misled, and you're not a prospective buyer. We understand your point, and I can only insist it wasn't meant to be misleading so many times. Maybe some of the people I spoke with over the phone will chime in here and then you will be convinced there was no malicious intent. Im sorry we have different definitions for ambiguous words, but thank you for single handedly keeping this thread on the first page. If there is a moderator you know of off hand that has the ability to edit my title to "FS NJ: 6mt C5 Donor Parts Package for Manual Swap" feel free to point them in this direction, I would be perfectly pleased with the update.

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Yeah, I think we're straight now...good luck Tim, if you change your mind about my car..give me a call back...have a nice trip to Europe...
    Thanks Mike. If you still have it when I get back, we may have to meet up. Come then, priority #1 will be a new project. For now though, the opportunity to do something I wont be able to in the foreseeable future is too hard to pass up.
    EPL Stage 3 B5 S4
    6mt Ultrasport K04 & Bolt-ons Daily
    2.7t 6mt A6 Parts Car ;)

Hey guys. So I recieved a small deposit for this from the person who bought the Mugello car in Ohio with that needed a trans back in June. Im heading home from Europe this weekend and havent heard from him in 2 months, so this is officially back up for sale. Price is $1900.
    EPL Stage 3 B5 S4
    2.7t 6mt A6 Parts Car ;)

Is this a complete kit?

Sorry, I couldn't resist
    05 Cayenne turbo

I shouldve make a new thread, huh? Ill let this one die and start over when Im stateside.
    EPL Stage 3 B5 S4
    2.7t 6mt A6 Parts Car ;)