Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: RS6 US VIN Compilation.....

Transmission update on 904326

Had slipping on 1st and 2nd. Transmission replaced at about 72,XXX miles under extended warranty. Had 75k service done at same time. Problem free at 80,XXX now. Get that warranty if you can, kids.
    2003 Audi RS6- Pearl Black Effect
    Eurocharged ECU/MTM TCU, Hyperboost DV, RSN-E/BT/XM, K&N, Hawk-HPS, Koni DRC Delete

Can you fill us in on the history of the trans?

Current mileage and was the torque converter ever replaced at an earlier date?

I ask because this is a "bubble" car on or about the time we think the torque converters were updated. Also, what is the production month/yr

There are several good trans reman options out there.

Welcome and post color in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyWFO View Post
    Hey guys...
    I have 3N905327. Recently obtained from original owner and good friend. I've known car since new. Service records from dealer, same tech throughout, total way too much. He finally gave up when trans stopped shifting from 2nd gear, and got a TT-RS. So now I'm happy to own it, but hating the trans issue... guess I'll go searching for 6-speed conversion intel??

Dave in DE

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    And Another! 904614
    Mugello Blue/Black/Carbon, 93k miles, mods unknown, needed $8405.72 worth of work
    Issues: VC Gaskets leaking (quoted as R/r of engine @ 40 hours labor?!?) Timing Belt 15k overdue, cracked windshield and fogged headlights, interior window switch bezel broken.
    Sold by Maximum Auto Search in Englewood, CO to some poor sap who's got either a hefty repair bill or a seized engine in his very near future.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Omg this is mine. I'm that poor sap. Im friends with Max from Maximum, and I took him down to his cost price. The car actual runs FANTASTIC. Oh I made him replace the windshield and headlights. I had the timing belt done and there was no leaking anywhere O_o The belt and everything looked brand spankin new as well, but replaced it all just because.

904249 - Goodwood Green, DSC done 3/10 @ 58,000 by previous owner. I thought the TC was done, but after digging through records (incomplete - not passed on to me when I purchased) I'm thinking it wasn't- only slipped briefly on 2 separate occasions when I (temporarily) put in the APR ECU, TCU. I returned it after getting trans light, and slipping thinkin I'd rather do 6 speed MT than TC fix. Been fine since I took APR out going on 6 months, 6000 miles ago. Put 30,000 miles on it, been rock solid reliable for me - I have only done regular service stuff - timing/water pump/rollers etc. 6 Speed MT going in in about 1 month, I have all parts en route. So pretty much stock today. Purchased w/69,000 miles for 22k back on 5/10/11.

anyone know 904414? Is it on the lst?

It is for sale and I am curious. Thanks.

Its on the list. However, no additional info listed.

Can you post the details on the unit. location, miles, condition ect?

Early VIN....make sure trans has been taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by stedge View Post
    anyone know 904414? Is it on the lst?

It is for sale and I am curious. Thanks.

http://ganleylincoln.net/Cleveland/F...-Car/23526589/

Trying to get that info, hoped it might be a known commodity here.

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I have 904842 and it had 119,074 miles at the time of total failure.

I don't know very much about the car's history. The dealer, MF Auto, in Knoxville said they did a transmission rebuild, but that is all I know.

I was driving down the highway at about 60 mph, started an aggresive acceleration (not to the floor), and the rpm's went up but the power went away. Pulled over, put it in park, turned off and restarted, placed in drive, felt a slight bit of movement, heard a small metallic noise and then that was it. There was no longer power being applied to the transmission.

Converting to 6MT.
    2004 S4 Avant - 2003 Avus Silver RS6 MT (sold)
    Public link to Onedrive.com 6MT Files
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjZTWt7Mgp7SiVfliUkt64Ao6iSE

Mine is 905286 - 80,300ish miles now. Silver with Black interior. Still all stock as far as I am aware apart from the K&Ns I put in, MEPO tail lights and XM radio receiver - both again by me. Only 800 miles to go before my warranty kicks in... Not sure it has been on here before, I did a quick search before posting

I will check those vins against my master list tonite

New Vin, I have updated the list.

Raudi, your vin was already on the list. I updated your details.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonfox View Post
    Mine is 905286 - 80,300ish miles now. Silver with Black interior. Still all stock as far as I am aware apart from the K&Ns I put in, MEPO tail lights and XM radio receiver - both again by me. Only 800 miles to go before my warranty kicks in... Not sure it has been on here before, I did a quick search before posting

DHall1 I'm really interested now. Do you have any information you could share about my car? If you do, please either message it to me or email it. Thanks in advance.
    2004 S4 Avant - 2003 Avus Silver RS6 MT (sold)
    Public link to Onedrive.com 6MT Files
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjZTWt7Mgp7SiVfliUkt64Ao6iSE

New owner here...VIN is 905409 Daytona Gray. Car is stock. I am the third owner. Reviewing service records the car had the CEL for TC come on around 50K. Audi dealer noted this but did not act on this. The car now has 89K mile and it is still on original transmission and TC. Car shifts fine...for now LOL. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by volksburgs View Post
    New owner here...VIN is 905409 Daytona Gray. Car is stock. I am the third owner. Reviewing service records the car had the CEL for TC come on around 50K. Audi dealer noted this but did not act on this. The car now has 89K mile and it is still on original transmission and TC. Car shifts fine...for now LOL. Thanks!
    Maybe random that the code came up. It will surface after 75 miles or so, but you've been driving and no CEL right? You've possibly got a time bomb there, so be careful. You can check the codes using ross-tech, or test for slippage on the highway. Drive in Tip, 5th gear, 50 mph....give it some good gas, and if you see rpm's rise and no mph change then your tc is slipping.

Welcome and cheers!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Maybe random that the code came up. It will surface after 75 miles or so, but you've been driving and no CEL right? You've possibly got a time bomb there, so be careful. You can check the codes using ross-tech, or test for slippage on the highway. Drive in Tip, 5th gear, 50 mph....give it some good gas, and if you see rpm's rise and no mph change then your tc is slipping.

Welcome and cheers!
    That is correct no CEL. When driving it home I passed someone going up a hill and was a WOT and the CEL came on. I have Vag Com cable from previous car (C5 S6), so I was able to clear the code. I think at this point I am going to drive it, cross my fingers and hope for the best. If you look at my situation it really does not make any sense at this point to pay to have the TC replaced when right after this is done the tranny could take a dump as I am at 89K miles. This is my thought. By the way I am in Central Oregon, noticed you are in Eugene. Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by volksburgs View Post
    That is correct no CEL. When driving it home I passed someone going up a hill and was a WOT and the CEL came on. I have Vag Com cable from previous car (C5 S6), so I was able to clear the code. I think at this point I am going to drive it, cross my fingers and hope for the best. If you look at my situation it really does not make any sense at this point to pay to have the TC replaced when right after this is done the tranny could take a dump as I am at 89K miles. This is my thought. By the way I am in Central Oregon, noticed you are in Eugene. Take care!
    Cool you're in Oregon, update you location in the profile so folks can see. There is one other RS6 here in town. I would lean towards waiting for the TC and the trans to both go and replace all at once. I replaced my TC at 87k, then a year later the trans at 94k, each time around $2k in labor that could have been done once. I didn't do my trans at that point because the TC replacement was actually covered by the dealer I bought the car from, long story.

However...you do have a later model VIN, which should mean solid tc and trans. $3k for parts and labor for the tc now is still much less than $7k parts and labor for tc and trans. IF, and a big IF, you haven't been driving too much and hard with the bad tc, you might have a good trans that could go 125k with any luck. Also, are you tuned? I know I shortened the life of my trans with the extra ~125 torque. Cheers!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

54xx is not a late vin.

What is your build date on the car?

This vin is actually near the cutoff. Wow

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Cool you're in Oregon, update you location in the profile so folks can see. There is one other RS6 here in town. I would lean towards waiting for the TC and the trans to both go and replace all at once. I replaced my TC at 87k, then a year later the trans at 94k, each time around $2k in labor that could have been done once. I didn't do my trans at that point because the TC replacement was actually covered by the dealer I bought the car from, long story.

However...you do have a later model VIN, which should mean solid tc and trans. $3k for parts and labor for the tc now is still much less than $7k parts and labor for tc and trans. IF, and a big IF, you haven't been driving too much and hard with the bad tc, you might have a good trans that could go 125k with any luck. Also, are you tuned? I know I shortened the life of my trans with the extra ~125 torque. Cheers!

anyone know
    WUAPV64BX3N904706
    ?

Many thanks. It has come up for sale not too far from me and I am trying to find out as much as I can about it. Thx.