Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sportec RS600 Traps 122 MPH. Fastest RS6 in the country!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    122 and it didn't even crack 12. That means some decent power at the end for sure.

Thanks. My other run was 11.9 @ 120.

The wastegates open at 13.5psi so we are working on that. A few other small goodies being added this weekend. Goal is to take Marc's record down lol! He's been a lot of help and a great friend along the way.

How could I miss this thread?

Bring it on
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

are you running any sort of boost controller...you can keep the lower rated wastegate springs in there and trick the system by using a controller. It would give you more boost but keep a fail safe if the controller were to crap out or malfunction and would revert back to the 13.5 psi (wastegate pressure) you have now.

just a suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by buster0984 View Post
    are you running any sort of boost controller...you can keep the lower rated wastegate springs in there and trick the system by using a controller. It would give you more boost but keep a fail safe if the controller were to crap out or malfunction and would revert back to the 13.5 psi (wastegate pressure) you have now.

just a suggestion

Yes we have an mbc on the car. Spiking at 23 and falling off to 13.5 at the top rpm range.

I did 12.2 at 118 on stock turbos grannying it out the whole too. Keep the numbers going down. I wana see more.

Ps. Welcome. Good mph numbers.
    03 rs6 dahlback 461 awd hp 530 tq. 12.2 118 gone
    01 rs4
    Rs6 avant loba 6sp

Welcome aboard! Great numbers, enjoy the car. Wicked beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
    Hi guys! I'm the new owner of the RS600. Didnt want to post in the past, as I've read a lot of negativity towards this car on this board. If we can all keep it civil I'd love to stick around for the long run. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Judging from the steaming tailpipes wondering what the ambient temp and engine temperatures were.....

Speaking for my car, if it's heat soaked, it's sluggish until enough air cools things down. A nice cool morning also makes getting on the freeway a nice Zing!
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
    Yes we have an mbc on the car. Spiking at 23 and falling off to 13.5 at the top rpm range.
    Why aren't you tuning the boost via the N75?

Was this at a dragstrip or on a Gtech/VBox/etc? If it was at the strip, please post the timeslip.

Quote Originally Posted by mi021le View Post
    I did 12.2 at 118 on stock turbos grannying it out the whole too. Keep the numbers going down. I wana see more.

Ps. Welcome. Good mph numbers.

Ambient was 55.9F with 84% humidity on his 120 MPH pass and 52.0F with 84% humidity on his 122 pass.

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    Judging from the steaming tailpipes wondering what the ambient temp and engine temperatures were.....

Speaking for my car, if it's heat soaked, it's sluggish until enough air cools things down. A nice cool morning also makes getting on the freeway a nice Zing!

Although I never ran a MBC on any of my RS6s, some tuners prefer it because it's quicker and easier to raise the boost with it than it is to make PID adjustments and re-flash. You can make real time changes to the boost and then later on take care of it in the tune. Some of us also run tiny lightweight batteries which don't allow for flashing via OBD out on the street, so that adds more time when you have to pull the ECU, unscrew it, modify maps, calculate checksums, flash the ECM, reinstall in the car, etc. It gets to be a real pain in the ass when you're making dozens of file revisions. Perhaps adaptation channel 12 is the answer here but I haven't looked into it much.

Quote Originally Posted by jibberjive View Post
    Why aren't you tuning the boost via the N75?

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecS4 View Post
    Ambient was 55.9F with 84% humidity on his 120 MPH pass and 52.0F with 84% humidity on his 122 pass.
    That makes sense. I've noticed that higher humidty drastically helped my Mk1 turbo VW.

Was the engine and drivetrain fully warmed up? Or, for example, was it an "ideal" pass with just enough engine temp to protect it (to take advantage of lower temps to improve air density). Just curious....and how much it might help?
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Although I never ran a MBC on any of my RS6s, some tuners prefer it because it's quicker and easier to raise the boost with it than it is to make PID adjustments and re-flash. You can make real time changes to the boost and then later on take care of it in the tune. Some of us also run tiny lightweight batteries which don't allow for flashing via OBD out on the street, so that adds more time when you have to pull the ECU, unscrew it, modify maps, calculate checksums, flash the ECM, reinstall in the car, etc. It gets to be a real pain in the ass when you're making dozens of file revisions. Perhaps adaptation channel 12 is the answer here but I haven't looked into it much.
    If you want to get real wild, there's now a relatively affordable emulator that you can use to do real-time changes when tuning without flashing.

Was this at a dragstrip or on a Gtech/VBox/etc? If it was at the strip, please post the timeslip.

I looked back when I was talking to people on here about it. It was in 2006 when it happened at capital raceway outside dc that following fall. There's no luck finding that one time slip. I've moved since then and everything, just got talked into a some feeler passes. I don't live my life (or care to) live my life one q-mile at a time.

But that is a impressive time that he put up. And I have a feeling the times will only get better. Good luck. I'm interested in seeing what times he can get. Good luck. Ps mark did u tune it?
    03 rs6 dahlback 461 awd hp 530 tq. 12.2 118 gone
    01 rs4
    Rs6 avant loba 6sp