Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New BMW M3. Horsepower and Gearbox info!

Exclamation New BMW M3. Horsepower and Gearbox info!

Yes, found the info on a other communtiy. It's said to be confirmed..

" No Compromise , No Substitute... The new BMW M3 ".....

White will be the official colour.

426 horsepower.
    SMG as standard but manual is a no-cost option.

So, there you go. What's your thoughts?

For me, this was what I expected.

i have fears that it will be a monster, therefore, rs4 should count on buyers wanting 4 doors and winter capability
    heaven for the climate, hell for company

If, if these figures are confirmed then it will be quicker to 100mph than the RS4. So what, this has always been BMW owners claim to fame is being the quickest in acceleration among the big three, but around the track may be a different thing, no doubt it will be a hoot to drive especially on the track, but what will it be like on a wet road compared to the RS4.

To me it will be like so many rwd sportscar a one trick pony, entertaining but only in the dry. There is a lot more to making a great car than straight line performance, like you said the RS4 has 4 doors and awd but it also has the best interior in the business and the best looking designs around and with the A5 just around the corner with the S5 only six months after launch the M3 reign as the best coupe for the money will be short lived.
    Search and you will find the truth.

The RS4 was introduced in January 2005, two years before M3.It's not a fair race because the guys at BMW not only known everything about Audi but they had two years to analyse their opponent, it's very easy to build a (probably)better car in this case.They did the same with the RS6, 3 years after it's intorduction, they came with the M5 and how astonishing that it was faster...
    5 Audis so far...currently:
    2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic

It's not a fair race because the guys at BMW not only known everything about Audi but they had two years to analyse their opponent, it's very easy to build a (probably)better car in this case.
    exactly, but audi will do the same thing in 2 years, its always been like this, all kind of industrys included, that what makes competition, and this is what gives us better products
    heaven for the climate, hell for company

Quote Originally Posted by 3abdo View Post
    exactly, but audi will do the same thing in 2 years, its always been like this, all kind of industrys included, that what makes competition, and this is what gives us better products
    Yes, maybe the really stunning thing would be a car form one side (Audi or BMW) which beat it's opponent and also beat it's opponent's successor.It could sound impossible but it could be possible, I think the main thing is that nobody wants to build a supercar for 5-6 years, it is enough for them to be the best till a year or two and then they can do business on a new model.
    If Audi would decide to build a RS6 to beat the M5's successor it'd need at least 650hp.They could get the victory and glory, but probably wouldn't get as much money as now with making supercars one after the other (I mean RS6-RS4-R8).It seems as the RS4 would be the successor of RS6, the R8 successor of the RS4 in the fight against BMW. Maybe making a RS4, a RS6 and an R8 model in every 5 years would be too expensive and it is better for them to build on after the other.

rs4 is a high end touring car like the c55 but e92 coupe has an all-new developed chassis for the m3 and it will be different than e90&91 touring.

Quote Originally Posted by Toto89 View Post
    The RS4 was introduced in January 2005, two years before M3.It's not a fair race because the guys at BMW not only known everything about Audi but they had two years to analyse their opponent, it's very easy to build a (probably)better car in this case.They did the same with the RS6, 3 years after it's intorduction, they came with the M5 and how astonishing that it was faster...
    Just like when M5e39 was the first real saloon on the market in 1998, and Audi releast RS6 in 2003, five 5!!! years later?
    both you an I know that Audi is the one releasing their monsters the latest, and at the end of the production sycle of a modell.
    When tha past RS4 was releast, it was a year befor a hole new A4 was about to be releast.

When RS6 was releast it was just 1 yer before the new A6 chassis was about to be releast to.

Todays Rs4 came last year and its also just before a a new A4chassis is about to be intruduced to the world.

so its always Audi who wait,and wait, and whait and just when a modell is feeling old and you are waiting for the new modell to come out, they releas a monster version....... with the old chasis!

If you look at BMW, the always release their M cars only 2years after a new model is introduced, whitch make the car still look new longer etc.

And les face it, it will never happen that both Audi and BMW release their beasts at the same time, its just not how it works.

New M3 is allmost here...

What do we do ?!?!

Yes, I know ....

...call for help...

AUDI RS 5, WHERE ARE YOU ??? !!!

Andy, I'm sure that the new A5 series will solve our problem But i'm not sure that it will be a RS5 to beat M3.
    Why? I think they don't want to build a RS version in more model families, but if S5 will have 400hp+ and ~1400kg, I'm sure, it will beat BMW.
    Although i can only write predictions, i think it will probaly have the new V8 (if there will be new...) with around 4,6L and 420hp or 3,2 Biturbo 400hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Toto89 View Post
    Andy, I'm sure that the new A5 series will solve our problem But i'm not sure that it will be a RS5 to beat M3.
    Why? I think they don't want to build a RS version in more model families, but if S5 will have 400hp+ and ~1400kg, I'm sure, it will beat BMW.
    Although i can only write predictions, i think it will probaly have the new V8 (if there will be new...) with around 4,6L and 420hp or 3,2 Biturbo 400hp.
    Toto89,

Get real, 1400Kgs that less than the CSL was and it was a dedicated racer. If the S5 is 1600Kgs I will be happy as that's the same as the 335i which is a very impressive car and has only 300hp. Don't think that the M3 will be much if any lighter than the 335i, like Audi, BMW's customer look for their creature comforts and Audi will at most keep the S5 no more than the equal of the M3 in performance, luxuries and price all things that determine the weight of the finished product.

There is a lot of talk of a 3.2L Turbo engine for the S5 and this will give it an advantage over the M3 with regards to torque, the real measure of performance in the real world.

I am sure that there will be RS 5, only problem is, wehn ?

One year after S5, minimum.

damn M3 will be faster then RS4???!!!!

Guys, the S5 will be here Late 2008 for certain. And though less powerful than the new M3 will more than match it's dynamics, there's more to a great car than acceleration.

Just look at the M Roadster/Coupe.

i'm not sure fi the new M3 will be faster then the new RS4 because i read auto motor and sport magazine in my country which says that the new M3 will have 420Hp exactly like the RS4 with SMG and will have 5sec 0-100km/h because they do not want to enter in the M5 territory!Would you imagine what would happen if M3 will be faster then the actual M5?M5 will be lost and will not sell at all...and always AMS are right when they tell something, in fact they say not 5sec but a little bit after 5sec...so M3 will actually not be fastest then the RS4!Be happy guys...BMW could not beat Audi RS cars...never

Quote Originally Posted by SuperstarDriver View Post
    i'm not sure fi the new M3 will be faster then the new RS4 because i read auto motor and sport magazine in my country which says that the new M3 will have 420Hp exactly like the RS4 with SMG and will have 5sec 0-100km/h because they do not want to enter in the M5 territory!Would you imagine what would happen if M3 will be faster then the actual M5?M5 will be lost and will not sell at all...and always AMS are right when they tell something, in fact they say not 5sec but a little bit after 5sec...so M3 will actually not be fastest then the RS4!Be happy guys...BMW could not beat Audi RS cars...never
    Yes, 0-100 km/h I wouldn't be suprised if the RS4 is the quicker one. Quattro! But when racing to 200 km/h and more I have no doubt in that M3 will be the quicker one. Same with rolling starts, also there I think the M3 will be the faster one. As long as the road is dry ofcourse, when it gets wet and especially when the road also ain't straight...

It will be interesting to see if BMW can match the torque range and figures of the Audi. I also doubt this engine will get the same praise that the RS4 or M5 engines received.

Also why do you think BMW won't want to enter the M5's territory this time round, as far as I can remember the last M3 was the quicker to 60mph between the two and the Z3M Coupe was the quickest of them all, excluding the CSL that is.

Traditionally the M3 has always been regarded the performance model in the range above all others and I doubt there was be any difference this time round. But even if it does best the RS4, if the reports of the A5 are correct they will have BMW engineers running for cover and hoping the S5 and especially RS5 will be at least two or more years away.

The M3 will once again be one sweet car - for the summer. I'll bet that it will be faster than the RS4 - especially 0-160, 0-200 etc. Quattro saps a lot of power. But if you want safety Quattro is the way to go. The styling is worse, but its not as bad as the E90-whatever-number-it-is sedan version which sucks.
    2007 RS4 Avant | Misano | Black Optics | SS+
    2001 S3 | Ebony