Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: -1 rs6

PALETTE, which area in toronto are you in? lemme see if i can call my boys in the local PD to help u look for it!

Mr PALETTE.

Sorry to hear this.

Can you provide any description of the vehicle that might help us in passing, etc. Color, any custom items, distinguishing features, etc.?

I travel a lot, and it's not out of the question for it to end up in the US through Buffalo or who knows.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Quote Originally Posted by tidus888 View Post
    PALETTE, which area in toronto are you in? lemme see if i can call my boys in the local PD to help u look for it!

Woodbridge,

thanks!! Talk to him this morning and they are still looking
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    Mr PALETTE.

Sorry to hear this.

Can you provide any description of the vehicle that might help us in passing, etc. Color, any custom items, distinguishing features, etc.?

I travel a lot, and it's not out of the question for it to end up in the US through Buffalo or who knows.
    Well its Black on black, with privacy tint, Just installed Pirelli Sutto Zero times on the stock rims, Light scuff mark on the drivers mirror. Everything else stock looking, Had the Sound Enhanced Exhaust.

The pisser is that i had the Reserve light come on when i got home the night before so i backed out and filled the tank and then went home, If i would have not done that he would have gotten stuck near by. I am thinking but never sure.
    2004 Black/Black,EPL Tune *** 0-60 in 3.5 seconds SOLD :( - - 2002 TT Porsche 724WHP 10.43@139mph/ Motor build in progress. looking for 9's

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    Mr PALETTE.

Sorry to hear this.

I wonder if the So Cal contingency should be on the lookout too...
    Once it makes it past that southern loose "border", kiss it goodbye....

Have you posted on any other Audi enthusiast websites? Audizine, quattroworld, audiworld, audisrs??? This is IF you want it back...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by PALETTE View Post
    Yea stupid me leaving the keys in it. I really wish i didnt but what are the odds that within 2-3 mins .. 100% i guess, i really hope that guy gets what is coming to him one day. I had just filled the tank to, Brand new Pirelli's hope that the insurance makes me a good offer.
    2-3 min is an eternity for a pro. Gone in 60 seconds comes to mind. What this means to me is you were being cased. They were probably following you around waiting on the right moment to strike. Its probably in a chop shop right now being parted out, unless it was a young punk who just happened to be walking by when you jumped out, which I doubt. When you own cars like this you can never let your guard down even while driving, professional car thief's are just waiting to pounce on you if you do. When I drove mine, I always circled the block to see if I was being followed. Drove my wife crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    I hope the insurance company pays!!! If you left the keys in it, running, they may argue the point, saying you didn't do enough to protect it? Not saying that is right, but they are insurance companies...they have been known to do things like that?
    The Ins company absolutely has the right to deny/ invalidate is the word they use for denying your claim. If your policy reads that if you leave the keys in the car when it is stolen then you might be in a pickle.

Woodbridge,

thanks!! Talk to him this morning and they are still looking
    I live buy two cops and they tell me that they don't really look for stolen cars, they wont admit that but they dont. If by chance they stop the person driving your car for speeding or running a light or committing a crime, then you will get your car back, but if not then its not likely for you to get it back. The one thing about the RS6 is it draws attention so there is a chance for a cop if he sees it to run the plate and find it stolen. If these are real pro's that car is in pieces right now.

Quote Originally Posted by GEN XER View Post
    ... The one thing about the RS6 is it draws attention ...
    O/T:
    Really? Maybe in an all Euro crowd but not when I pass a WRX or S4 or Evo or C4s or TT or nothing...
    I have been right next to a C5 A6 4.2, nearly the same color silver, windows down, at a complete stop and I look over and it was like dude had no clue what was next to him...

I would say it is completely under the radar unless it is Misano Red or Imola Yellow that would the most attention but the peeps that don't know what it is.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by GEN XER View Post
    I live buy two cops and they tell me that they don't really look for stolen cars, they wont admit that but they dont. If by chance they stop the person driving your car for speeding or running a light or committing a crime, then you will get your car back, but if not then its not likely for you to get it back. The one thing about the RS6 is it draws attention so there is a chance for a cop if he sees it to run the plate and find it stolen. If these are real pro's that car is in pieces right now.

In pieces for what reason? there are not that many around and who would they sell the parts to?

In pieces for what reason? there are not that many around and who would they sell the parts to?
    Ebay, Craigslist, and all sorts of online auction sites.

hopefully the cops finds it ...
    :)
    01 Bullitt
    03 RS6
    04 R1

WELL WELL WELL! at 4:55am i get a call from a local police offer telling me they have my car. They are going to go through the car with a fine tooth comb because it was in a very secure spot locked and hiding till it was going to be moved. So they are going to finger print it, I now need to get new keys cut (UGH!) and then my insurace will hand the car over to a service shop (Audi) and have it looked at and detailed!
    This might just be a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

dude that is great news! wow, a christmas miracle.......happy to hear news
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

WELL WELL WELL! at 4:55am i get a call from a local police offer telling me they have my car. They are going to go through the car with a fine tooth comb because it was in a very secure spot locked and hiding till it was going to be moved. So they are going to finger print it, I now need to get new keys cut (UGH!) and then my insurace will hand the car over to a service shop (Audi) and have it looked at and detailed!
    This might just be a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    Congrats!
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Glad to hear the car is back and seems to be in good shape. If not, I hope they tuned it
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Very great news and congrats on the find! Glad to hear that a Rs6 is not meeting its' end in a chop shop- However; it would have made our remaining ones a bit more rare..
    210K miles rolled

I feel like a kid on Christmas !! LOL Just need to get it safe and sound at home