Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW RS6 - What we've been waiting for!!!!!

I will be incredibly dissapointed if this car doesnt come with twin blowers attached.
    I think really they have to, if it cant thrash an M5 it wont sell !!

Quote Originally Posted by noushy View Post
    Doubt if new RS6 at this years show. Audi showed the S6 and S8 last year, even though it had been seen already. My guess is geneva, but who knows. RS6 is still at least a year and a half to two years away from US. It took almost a year to get the S6 from its launch here, just like the RS6. BTW, I live in Detroit, and will be going to the show. If there is anything interesting, I will take pics for you guys.

Peace,
    Noushy
    I think that Audi will have a concept of some sort for Detroit. So far there has been nothing about Audi and Detroit as there will not be any production Audi debuts most likely. But a Q5 or an A4/5 concept is likely as they have the Roadjet Concept last year.

Ben, I have been hearing more around 550hp, but still twin turbo. Not sure about weight and special features though. M5 and E63 have been nudging the 100k mark, especially a well equipped M. I fear that the RS6 will either be axed because of price, or become 110k US. Not sure how much of a market they will capture with that car, and especially given how conservative audi of america is. They sell the S4 avant very well, why not offer the RS4 avant. That same mentality is what I fear.

Peace,
    Noushy
    Speed, Speed, and more Spe... oops the minivan?
    2003 RS6 Mugello Blue (gone/turned in)
    2003 911tt Cobalt Blue (gone/traded in)
    2004 Cayenne Turbo Titanium Gray
    2005 Toyota Sienna (until Q7 in May 07)
    2007 M6 Saphire Black (loving it)

Quote Originally Posted by chewym View Post
    I think that Audi will have a concept of some sort for Detroit. So far there has been nothing about Audi and Detroit as there will not be any production Audi debuts most likely. But a Q5 or an A4/5 concept is likely as they have the Roadjet Concept last year.
    Last years "Roadjet" was a A4/A5 concept car, thay will not show another concept in that catagory.
    It will probably a Q5 or R4 or A1/2 concept.

Hans.

Quote Originally Posted by chewym View Post
    To the best of my knowledge Audi will be introducing a new production car at the Detriot show ........ the Audi TT-S, this might be pushed back but as yet I have not heard anything different, so we will just have to see.
    Search and you will find the truth.

thank you all for your pleasent welcome!
    By the way guys...all of the comments about the new RS6 are very true because this friend of mine works inside of Audi and he knows everybody including Winterkorn and the new chief of Audi A.G.!So yes...this will be the new RS6 without any doubts...trust me i'm not kidding...i live in RO in Europe and i am in love with audi since i was 4-5 years old when i get an special magazine about audi models!So the new RS6 will have about 1750kg, carbon fiber doors,a little eleron on the back of the car,the V10 from Gallardo like the S6 with twin-turbo chargers developing 580HP @ 7000rpm and aproximately 700NM @ 6800 rpm!This car will be the fastest 4 doors saloon in the world without tuning(like Brabus CLS Rocket that is not counting) 'cause belive me guys that MTM and ABT Tuning will give this car in the future more then 700HP!

The performance figure being quote on these pages are truly amazing and if to be believed will easily destroy the competition. My only problem with these power and performance figure are where does this leave the S6, it can barely put away from a S4 and yet costs £55K, who in their right mind would even think of buying one when the RS6 will be unbelievable quicker and will cost £15K more.

But sub 4 seconds to 60mph and 580hp/700Nm don't sound like a car that will be £70K and competitive in price with the M5, never mind the CLS/E amg models, when you add in things like carbon fibre doors etc. though great for the handling and performance will be very expensive.

I hope I'm wrong but somehow I doubt it. When something sounds to good to be true it nearly always is.

But sub 4 seconds to 60mph and 580hp/700Nm don't sound like a car that will be £70K and competitive in price with the M5, never mind the CLS/E amg models, when you add in things like carbon fibre doors etc. though great for the handling and performance will be very expensive.

I hope I'm wrong but somehow I doubt it. When something sounds to good to be true it nearly always is.[/quote]

I agree with you. How much will the Rs6 cost then when they use carbon fibre doors etc???Such things are expensive and I think we'll see that in the price of the RS6 then....But still I think it won't be so expensive like a AMG. AMG has a stupid price-list for what you get I think....

Quote Originally Posted by Kliko View Post
    But still I think it won't be so expensive like a AMG. AMG has a stupid price-list for what you get I think....

Completely agree with you here.
    from RUS with love :)
    12 R8 Plus; 14 Toyota LC200 Diesel; 06 Subaru Impreza STi Spec C Type RA; 09 BMW X5M SOLD; 01 Black Mercedes G500 SOLD; 00 Silver TTC Quattro SOLD; 02 RS6 - 530 hp SOLD

Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by SuperstarDriver View Post
    So the new RS6 will have about 1750kg, carbon fiber doors,a little eleron on the back of the car,the V10 from Gallardo like the S6 with twin-turbo chargers developing 580HP @ 7000rpm and aproximately 700NM @ 6800 rpm!This car will be the fastest 4 doors saloon in the world without tuning(like Brabus CLS Rocket that is not counting) 'cause belive me guys that MTM and ABT Tuning will give this car in the future more then 700HP!
    That really sounds awesome and maybe too good to be true. The carbon doors are/will probably be an option(?)....maybe just too expensive.
    So i guess we have to wait untill somewhat march 2007 to see what we'll get in detail.
    I am thinking about visiting geneva auto show...but without confirmation that they really show the RS6 there i wont do it. I havent been able to get a confirmation from 3 of my audi dealers so i am somewhat puzzled. Anyone here from geneva who will visit the show anyway?

Ben, I have been hearing more around 550hp...
    580... but anything is possible.

new RS6 will have about 1750kg, carbon fiber doors
    This is news to me! Haven't heard this one yet. Again, anything is possible, but if it really has carbonfiber doors it is well likely going to be way north of my price range! $120USD minimum... :bigeyes:

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

AoA Mentality or Germany?

Ben, I have been hearing more around 550hp, but still twin turbo. Not sure about weight and special features though. M5 and E63 have been nudging the 100k mark, especially a well equipped M. I fear that the RS6 will either be axed because of price, or become 110k US. Not sure how much of a market they will capture with that car, and especially given how conservative audi of america is. They sell the S4 avant very well, why not offer the RS4 avant. That same mentality is what I fear.

Peace,
    Noushy
    I believe AoA has a difficult time convincing Germany to DOT certify and sell RS Avant models in the US. Apparently, the US market Avant sales projections don't justify the costs of testing and the supporting logistics to bring these models into the country. Too bad; I'd be tempted.

Regards, Jimmy S.

debut of RS6...

The debut of RS6 will be at the Geneva Motorshow in Germany in march and in europe it will be in stores on april or end of may!i'm very very sure of that, cause i just called my friend from audi ad told me that Geneva is the show where the new R6 will kick the ne M5 in his ugly supraviration ass))

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy94507 View Post
    I believe AoA has a difficult time convincing Germany to DOT certify and sell RS Avant models in the US. Apparently, the US market Avant sales projections don't justify the costs of testing and the supporting logistics to bring these models into the country. Too bad; I'd be tempted.

Regards, Jimmy S.
    I am at a lost as to why the RS Avant needs additional DOT certifying over the one already given to the S4 Avant. What is so different between the two cars that one will not cover both of them.

Again my friends, mostly speculation. The truth is that AoA is very conservative, and rarely wants to test the waters. They do no realize that americans will buy a 70k superwagon (err for lack of better name), especially since people are willing to spend 90k for a R63 (glorified minivan). A wagon, especially all wheel drive, that drives like a car, with that kind of performance will do very well. I see plenty of S4 avants here in Detroit. The problem is they think they cannot sell it, and thus do not even try. The first gen RS6 was to test the waters, and it did very well. I think if Audi had tried harder, things like more color and wheel options, better nav, they would have sold even more. They did not want to even try to recert it for 2004, making them basically a year old when they were sold. People purchased 2003 RS6 sedans in 2004. That is just crazy. Lets hope Audi does not do this blunder again.

Peace,
    Noushy
    Speed, Speed, and more Spe... oops the minivan?
    2003 RS6 Mugello Blue (gone/turned in)
    2003 911tt Cobalt Blue (gone/traded in)
    2004 Cayenne Turbo Titanium Gray
    2005 Toyota Sienna (until Q7 in May 07)
    2007 M6 Saphire Black (loving it)

Well. The exchange rate between Euro and dollar really hurts AOA from trying things out often. The certification costs hurt in that regard as well as new models cost money to bring over here. The R63 is a special order model (MB USA only expects 150 per year)

As the RS6 is concerned, 1750 kg IMO is out of reach as Audis are always a bit on the heavy side. But the new Audi S6 handles just as good/better than the M5 (per Car and Driver test [it did have failry poor acceleration]) So the RS6 should handle quite well even if it is a bit heavier. With 580 hp and some weight reduction (1850-1900 kg) it should have very sweet performance.

As for Detroit, I am sure that Audi will have something. Most likely a concept, probably something along the lines of a Q5 teaser. But this leaves the A5 for Geneva (Audi hasn't had any teaser site for the A5 yet).

thank you all for your pleasent welcome!
    By the way guys...all of the comments about the new RS6 are very true because this friend of mine works inside of Audi and he knows everybody including Winterkorn and the new chief of Audi A.G.!So yes...this will be the new RS6 without any doubts...trust me i'm not kidding...i live in RO in Europe and i am in love with audi since i was 4-5 years old when i get an special magazine about audi models!So the new RS6 will have about 1750kg, carbon fiber doors,a little eleron on the back of the car,the V10 from Gallardo like the S6 with twin-turbo chargers developing 580HP @ 7000rpm and aproximately 700NM @ 6800 rpm!This car will be the fastest 4 doors saloon in the world without tuning(like Brabus CLS Rocket that is not counting) 'cause belive me guys that MTM and ABT Tuning will give this car in the future more then 700HP!

Dont mind if I take all of the above with a pinch of salt

i wish that the new RS6 had Biturbo engine, and great acceleration.... oh it will be damn fast...
    Maybe BMW is better than Mercedes or Mercedes is better than BMW but there is one car which better then both of them together... 25 years quattro..AUDI

past: Nissan Micra K11 1.3 16 valve;
    BMW 325 1995 192hp(stock) Chip tuning up to 207hp.
    Present: Audi A4 2.8L V6 237hp (intercooling system, injection, chip tuning)