Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RS6.com - 10 years in September 2002 - 2012

Post RS6.com - 10 years in September 2002 - 2012

Yes, it's true!

I started www.RS6.com 10 years ago.

The background in short is I had an A6 2.7T (MTM) and there were rumors that Audi were developing something to compete with the BMW M5 and others.

I setup a forum, worked hard to get things 'active' and rolling and with help from moderators and members this place is what it is today.

Now the 3:rd generation RS6 is around the corner, and the range of S and RS cars from Audi is wider than ever before.
    Also, let's not forget cars like the R8. Who could have dreamed about this 10 years ago?

Nowadays things are a bit different, I'm still a petrolhead but focus more on my family and competing with guns.
    I'm doing the World Shoot in IPSC Shotgun next week for instance, so I don't have the time I did before to check each and every post.

The future? Well, who knows...but I'm certain it will be at least as exciting as the past 10 years have been.

Apart from some Google ads, the intention is to keep RS6.com commercial free.
    All costs associated with running the forum are paid by myself, so it isn't exactly a money generator like some might believe (myself included )
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Thanks Erik! Maybe a Paypal donation link?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Wow, congratulations RS6.com on its first decade !

X2, please set-up up a donation link to fuel the site.

Many thanks for getting/keeping this great site up Erik.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Outstanding website! I would not have considered buying my RS6 unless it existed:-). x3 for any support we can provide...

You can send Erik a PayPal payment via his email, which is linked in his signature.

EDIT - Please see post below for correct details. Thanks! / Erik
    2003 RS6, Mugello Blue/Ebony - SOLD :-(
    2015 S5 Coupe, Mythos Black w/Black Optics package and an attitude

Dash

Post like these make RS6.com what I love with running this site.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/24...l=1#post239060

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post

Anyone who would like to donate is welcome to use erikb (at) ruf.se (mail doesn't work, but paypal will).

The money will go into running the site, renew vBulletin software etc.

I have RS related surprise gifts to the three highest donors, perhaps more. I will ship world wide.

Quote Originally Posted by vitalian View Post
    You can send Erik a PayPal payment via his email, which is linked in his signature.

EDIT - Please see post below for correct details. Thanks! / Erik
    I don't have paypal but am willing to contribute with some SEATTLE peeps as I have found this website an invaluable resource for the C5 RS6 worldwide.
    I wouldn't own this car nor be so passionate about it WITHOUT this website.

Erik, thanks for all your vision!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Congratulations and you're great man for setting up this site/community! The rs6 community is the best one i have ever came across, and i am activating on over 10 car forums, and i must say this is by far the best one, great quality people, very helpful and knowledgeable, a great place to be on and i am proud to be a part of it! Probably, if it wasn't for this forum i wouldn't have bought the car, i bought it knowing all the bad things, and still went ahead as i saw how everybody put up with it and kept on moving, after all the car really does worth all the effort! For me, the RS6 was a dream come true !

Thank you!
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Congrats Erik!
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

Thank you, Erik!!! We have a similar forum put up by an enthusiast for the Noble M400s - invaluable resource. Enough can't be said.

And post a pic of your gun collection
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

A many Thanks to you Eric and to all those who have posted their hard work and trials up on this site. Being relatively new to the Beast this site has expanded my knowledge of her and what she likes. Looking fwd to ten more years and meeting some other RS6 owners later down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    Thank you, Erik!!!
    And post a pic of your gun collection
    Ditto this!
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Congrats on the anniversary and thanks Erik for all you do to make this website what it is today!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I have RS related surprise gifts to the three highest donors, perhaps more. I will ship world wide.

So far I have only 2 donators, the software has been upgraded to the latest version (at the time).

Thanks to "MT" and "AV" for your kind donations. I'm not going to put your real names here and I don't no your corresponding forum names anyway (unless you tell me).

I promised to give and ship RS related gifts to the THREE highest donors, but I think we need at least 3 donors before I can do so.

Thanks and have a good week!

http://www.paypal.com/

Account: erikb (at) ruf.se

Many thanks to mik15 and Stephen.

Thanks for the friendly reminder good sir. Sent a few bucks your way after my procrastination...

Like the new sig...would work well with a Sig
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Like the new sig...would work well with a Sig
    Thanks, appreciate your donation Sir.

Bought it on eBay and got the velcro patch today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTalnzcO0xk