Thread: S6 conversion to RS6

Threaded View

S6 conversion to RS6

Thought I'd throw in a bit of a teaser pic (crappy at best) of the current status of converting my S6 into an RS6 (in most aspects) . Maybe I'll post some Friday updates if anyone cares...

Note the brake vacuum water hose manifold is installed along with the coolant reservoir tray where the battery normally sits.

The car will be a 6 speed so I'm not using the brake vacuum pump and utilizing a Euro spec engine harness that isn't wired for the pump. Interesting fact is that the RHD ans Euro spec RS6 cars didn't come equipped with the pump.

Other custom items will include upgraded fuel pump/filter/lines/FPR, oil cooling and custom battery box to house one or 2 PC680 batteries where the SAI pump normally sits. The battery mod will also give me the full trunk along with a spare tire.

I'm waiting for a lot of parts to arrive from the UK and Germany before I can make some real progress. Clutch has been ordered along with the AMD manual stg1 tune.

Cosmetic items (aside from the RS6 body parts) are subtle. Maybe a new set of wheels (looking at Rotiform SNAs). I've already got all the aluminum trim back from the powdercoater (black optics matte black) and waiting to do some 'paint correction' before installing it.

I'm going to see how the car sits on the stock S6 suspension for now but will probably end up with PSS9s or KWs, even though coilovers are against my nature on a car that will not be tracked. Unless there's a shock/spring combo out there that I don't know of yet. Will definitely end up with adjustable UCAs and Hotchkis sways, too.

Might end up with a shortened JHM short shifter and some other misc stiffer bushings in the driveline (apikol, 034, etc)

Anyway... wish me luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	init_firewall_1.jpg 
Views:	505 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	13817  
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide