Thread: Mechanic Recommendation in Washington DC / Northern Virgina?

Hybrid View

Welcome to the forum (priceless), and congratulations! I had a bunch of work done by New German Performance ("NGP Racing") at the Manassas location (mostly suspension replacement following DRC removal). Though their showroom was closed to the public, I believe they have two "race modified" C5 RS6s, and they know what they're doing. They have two locations, one in Aberdeen, MD, and the other in Virginia. If I still lived in the area it's where I'd return for service -- your run-of-the-mill import indy shop doesn't cut it for the RS6 (personal experience).

ngpracing.com
    703-454-3000

From what I've seen the timing belt is 35k or every 5 years... 8 years might be stretching it (especially within 5k of the mileage limit), but of course depends on where/how the car was kept. That said, I haven't replaced mine yet as it was only 2 years old when I bought my RS6 (also Avus Silver!).

Thanks! Greatly appreciate the lead. And yes the 8 year old belt definitely has me anxious 😬

Quote Originally Posted by AudiPilot View Post
    Welcome to the forum (priceless), and congratulations! I had a bunch of work done by New German Performance ("NGP Racing") at the Manassas location (mostly suspension replacement following DRC removal). Though their showroom was closed to the public, I believe they have two "race modified" C5 RS6s, and they know what they're doing. They have two locations, one in Aberdeen, MD, and the other in Virginia. If I still lived in the area it's where I'd return for service -- your run-of-the-mill import indy shop doesn't cut it for the RS6 (personal experience).

ngpracing.com
    703-454-3000

From what I've seen the timing belt is 35k or every 5 years... 8 years might be stretching it (especially within 5k of the mileage limit), but of course depends on where/how the car was kept. That said, I haven't replaced mine yet as it was only 2 years old when I bought my RS6 (also Avus Silver!).