Thread: Who's had their Converter replaced?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    What did you replace it with and what are your impressions of it? I need mine replaced and trying to decide on which one. I will be keeping the trans, just replacing the TC. Thanks for any input.
    I had mine replaced with an ACE Converter http://aceconverter.com/. The price was right. $424.50 plus shipping. He had a core so he got the rebuilt to me quickly and I was able to send him the core after the install. It arrived on a Wednesday. Tozo installed it that weekend. I sent the core back on Monday. Easy process.

I'm happy with it. Torque Converter with shipping both ways + New Transmission fluid and filter + 4 O2 sensors + Labor was approx $2630.

I've been driving it for about 6 weeks since the TC swap. I check periodically for dreaded P0741 code - no issue. I got the Eurocharge tune at the same time I replaced the TC. The car seems silly fast to me. Shifts great. I'd do it again.
    Sold - 2003 RS6 Ebony Pearl on Black / Carbon Fiber / ACE Converter - Tozo installed / Eurocharged ECU / MTM TCU

Great input, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MORS6 View Post
    I had mine replaced with an ACE Converter http://aceconverter.com/. The price was right. $424.50 plus shipping. He had a core so he got the rebuilt to me quickly and I was able to send him the core after the install. It arrived on a Wednesday. Tozo installed it that weekend. I sent the core back on Monday. Easy process.

I'm happy with it. Torque Converter with shipping both ways + New Transmission fluid and filter + 4 O2 sensors + Labor was approx $2630.

I've been driving it for about 6 weeks since the TC swap. I check periodically for dreaded P0741 code - no issue. I got the Eurocharge tune at the same time I replaced the TC. The car seems silly fast to me. Shifts great. I'd do it again.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

You should check with mmaturo. He's had his TC replaced multiple times, so he should have some info for you.

How is still going ?

Hi. I have the same issue with my TC. Just for info, What kind of Warranty did you get and receipt , of course, for safety, we are not talking about a couple of benjamins. Also, if you don't mine, about how much will be just the TC. You can answer me to my e-mail, csiace@wi.rr.com, Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by MORS6 View Post