Thread: So the RS6 is FINALLY coming back to the US after a 16-year hiatus...

Hybrid View

Los Angeles pal of mine saw a pair or Red ones roaming the hillls. Must be finally true!

Sadly, far out of my price range. Would probably buy one eventually after major depreciation. Wouldn't want to give up the C5 or other paid off cars.

On a mechanic/engineering viewpoint, simply not a fan of Hot Banked turbo's. It's the new defacto setup; technically works better. Long term reliability is a real concern, especially if Tuned. Some examples cropping up across the Atlantic in the last year.
    Venturing a guess that USA owners won't be able to run 200MPH very often. That might help some.

A new A6 Tdi all sported out would be a nice compromise. For now the V10 Tdi has been a lot of fun over the last year, great for off-roading. Cruises 100MPH with aplomb like the RS6.

Let's spread the word to help get those RS6 Avants on the street and racking up some miles. I'll just circle over head for awhile!

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    ...On a mechanic/engineering viewpoint, simply not a fan of Hot Banked turbo's. It's the new defacto setup; technically works better. Long term reliability is a real concern, especially if Tuned.
    It's not really a question of the location of the turbos - it's the engineering and design of the oil and cooling systems for the bearings that are the real issue with many turbo failures...