Thread: Torque Converter and or Transmission failures related to production dates and VIN's

Hybrid View

Original Owner. First TC failed at 59k. That replacement has just failed now at 118k. Decision time. I live 10 miles away from Tozo, so I got that going for me.

Question: Do I preemptively rebuild the transmission or just replace the TC?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy312 View Post

Original Owner. First TC failed at 59k. That replacement has just failed now at 118k. Decision time. I live 10 miles away from Tozo, so I got that going for me.

Question: Do I preemptively rebuild the transmission or just replace the TC?
    Yes, rebuild certainly if tuned above stock. I'd worry about the extra wear during the time driving with failing/failed tc.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

100% stock, except for "upgraded" TC

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Yes, rebuild certainly if tuned above stock. I'd worry about the extra wear during the time driving with failing/failed tc.

Stock has always been plenty of power for me. If my son is already captain of the football team, I'm not going to put him on steroids. I learned very early how to massage the gas pedal so it smoothly runs through the gears, and that is nowhere near the floor. The sound of that engine has been my Siren's Song for the last 11 years. It makes my heart happy.

no chance of this trans having any life left?