Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 10SECS4 Tune, anyone tried it?

10secS4 tune coming tommorrow. I will update on the butt dyno compared to my eurocharged tune

Quote Originally Posted by mbagge01 View Post
    10secS4 tune coming tommorrow. I will update on the butt dyno compared to my eurocharged tune
    does this tune have the option to code out the 02's for gutted downpipes and sai if removed?

You can request those options

Quote Originally Posted by fukinavit View Post
    does this tune have the option to code out the 02's for gutted downpipes and sai if removed?
    No and No. Neither are required to for the items you list. The SAI can have teh vacuum line that splits to feed both kombo valves close looped once the SAI spaghetti is removed from the back of he heads. Removing the SAI pump has no affect on the ECU as it's just fed by a power supply. For the downpipes, you are referring to the 'precats' that some people have removed. The upper O2 sensors are ahead of the precats and the lower O2's are behind the actual full size cats at the end of the downpipes. If you are only removing the pre-cats, then you will have no affect on how the ECU reads the O2 values. If you plan on removing all cat emissions, you will then need to address the O2 for codes.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Mine has no cats at all, and Marc coded them out for me so I do not get any CEL
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    No and No. Neither are required to for the items you list. The SAI can have teh vacuum line that splits to feed both kombo valves close looped once the SAI spaghetti is removed from the back of he heads. Removing the SAI pump has no affect on the ECU as it's just fed by a power supply. For the downpipes, you are referring to the 'precats' that some people have removed. The upper O2 sensors are ahead of the precats and the lower O2's are behind the actual full size cats at the end of the downpipes. If you are only removing the pre-cats, then you will have no affect on how the ECU reads the O2 values. If you plan on removing all cat emissions, you will then need to address the O2 for codes.
    yes I plan on just gutting the pre-cats but leaving the main cats or even switching them out for some high flow ones(it has the CEL on for low efficiency right now anyway) thanks for clearing that up, its a win win then.

Yes, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by fukinavit View Post
    I tune RS6s. Smooth, powerful, safe & affordable. Proven results. PM me for more info
    Mugello Blue RS6 \ 206K Miles \ Tune Only \ 11.93 @ 116.9 \ http://y2u.be/TqE3-JzYCig \ Daytona Grey RS6 \ Tune, Decatted & Exhaust \ 11.59 @ 118.6 \ http://y2u.be/hqawHXwWcOU

My car is up and running with the "10SECS4 Tune" and I am very happy with the results. It is considerably faster across the entire power range. I cannot compare this tune with another brand because I have never ridden in any other RS6 with a tune. I am a long-time APR customer but I couldn't see paying them almost $3K when I found Marc.
    Current: 08 Mercedes CLK63 AMG Black Series, 08 Mercedes E63 AMG, 99 Mercedes C43 AMG, 02 Porsche 911 Turbo, 91 BMW 318IC (E30)
    Past: 03 Audi RS6, 01 Audi S4, 13 Audi S6, 99 BMW M3, 07 Audi RS4, 06 BMW M5, +

I just drove my car around with the new 10secs4 tune and will report that I am also pleased as well. I am coming from an eurocharged tune and there definitely is a difference. It is not huge given my eurocharged tune was good but I do notice more power, especially in the mid to high power band. The caveat I will add though is that my eurocharged tune would only boost to 14 psi and taper to around 11-12 and my 10secS4 tune boost up to 18-19 psi and tapers to 13-14psi so the butt dyno difference I may be noticing is related to higher boost and some timing changes that have been done, but overall the tune is solid and would recommend it to others, especially cosidering the price compared to competitors. I also checked my fuel trims which all are just a few percentage points negative which is good because it is in a normal range and also being negative, I am in a slightly fuel rich state which is much better and safer for the engine than being lean, especially with all the extra power being made.

Quote Originally Posted by mbagge01 View Post
    I just drove my car around with the new 10secs4 tune and will report that I am also pleased as well. I am coming from an eurocharged tune and there definitely is a difference. It is not huge given my eurocharged tune was good but I do notice more power, especially in the mid to high power band. The caveat I will add though is that my eurocharged tune would only boost to 14 psi and taper to around 11-12 and my 10secS4 tune boost up to 18-19 psi and tapers to 13-14psi so the butt dyno difference I may be noticing is related to higher boost and some timing changes that have been done, but overall the tune is solid and would recommend it to others, especially cosidering the price compared to competitors. I also checked my fuel trims which all are just a few percentage points negative which is good because it is in a normal range and also being negative, I am in a slightly fuel rich state which is much better and safer for the engine than being lean, especially with all the extra power being made.
    Good to know we both have similar feedback here.
    Current: 08 Mercedes CLK63 AMG Black Series, 08 Mercedes E63 AMG, 99 Mercedes C43 AMG, 02 Porsche 911 Turbo, 91 BMW 318IC (E30)

Glad to hear you guys are enjoying the extra power!

I owe you another response on the other topic Marc. I will be in touch soon.

Marc I've got a few questions about my current tune on my B5 S4. can you please give me a way to contact you? email or phone would be greatly appreciated! You can reach me on most forums under the username MalibuMafiaV.

I've had it for a good while now..... its been flawless and the car performs fabulously. I have e-cutouts, bosch side-fires, MTM tcu, and I run it religiously on ACESIV. The 10secs4 tune absolutely loves the ACESIV. 10SECS4 + Quantum Blue = FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Kgnast View Post
    I've had it for a good while now..... its been flawless and the car performs fabulously. I have e-cutouts, bosch side-fires, MTM tcu, and I run it religiously on ACESIV. The 10secs4 tune absolutely loves the ACESIV. 10SECS4 + Quantum Blue = FTW!
    Regarding ACEIV

Do you really feel the difference with a few ounces of this "miracle additive" ?

I am so tempted to try this out

thx
    2003 Audi RS6
    Daytona Grey
    APR EMCS

@PMCMacDr.... I know, I know, it sounds utterly ridiculous, LOL. But the car truly seems just happier when it's on the aces crack. Call me crazy but the stuff is cheap enough to grab a 1/4 and play. Let me know what you think. I don't know if it's because I have a high mileage car 100k, or what, but when its in the tank, there's a noticeable difference. After months of never running out of Aces, my kid gets in the car.... I punch it through 3 gears. He turns to me "What, out of aces?" He could tell from the passenger seat.

I would say on my first car I just thought I felt a little butt dyno with the aces. But with the second car, I got the butt dyno, and a NOTICEABLE reduction in the valve noise at idle - nearly eliminated it.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Quote Originally Posted by Kgnast View Post
    @PMCMacDr.... I know, I know, it sounds utterly ridiculous, LOL. But the car truly seems just happier when it's on the aces crack. Call me crazy but the stuff is cheap enough to grab a 1/4 and play. Let me know what you think. I don't know if it's because I have a high mileage car 100k, or what, but when its in the tank, there's a noticeable difference. After months of never running out of Aces, my kid gets in the car.... I punch it through 3 gears. He turns to me "What, out of aces?" He could tell from the passenger seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmb408 View Post
    I would say on my first car I just thought I felt a little butt dyno with the aces. But with the second car, I got the butt dyno, and a NOTICEABLE reduction in the valve noise at idle - nearly eliminated it.

Thanx fellow members

Talked with Brian ( he knows his stuff and more ) and learned something new

I ordered ACESIV, quart first, as he stated, then move to the gallon at a time when the time comes

I will be moving over to all his products on my next oil, transmission and coolant change

Will keep you guys posted on my experience ( which I'm sure will be like the rest of you )
    2003 Audi RS6
    Daytona Grey
    APR EMCS