Thread: RS6 Brake Cooling Modifications - Details

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by JP4 View Post
    Yes...it certainly can be done. We just did a small group buy while we're still evaluating how well they are going to work for us.

Group price was about $430 each for a complete rotor. Extra friction rings were about $180 each. These prices do NOT include shipping.
    Great, maybe we can get another buy together. As far as replacement rings are they custom or off the shelf once you have the hats for them. I am sure that I would like to be a regular customer at less than $200 a side .

Location??

Quote Originally Posted by itchingtogo View Post
    Great, maybe we can get another buy together. As far as replacement rings are they custom or off the shelf once you have the hats for them. I am sure that I would like to be a regular customer at less than $200 a side .
    Itchingtogo,

I would help if you told us when you might be interested in getting a set?
    Where are you located?
    Located in US would be easier than figuring out a way to get them shipped outside the US.

Regards, Jimmy S.

P.S. If you will be tracking the car you might consider ordering a 2nd set of rotor rings at the same time with replacement hardware.
    Last edited by jimmy94507; March 17th, 2007 at 23:18. Reason: add information

I am in Florida. I am not in need now but I would like to join a group buy when organised.

Thankks Gary

skiwi, excellent write up, thank you! And a great discussion that followed, in fine RS6.com style.

Are you planning on any track sessions soon? It would be interesting to hear your comments on this mod after a hard set of laps!
    2010 XFR
    2004 RS6 (sold)
    2008 Exige S 240
    2009 V8 Vantage
    2008 X5 4.8i

thanks

speaking about rotors, guess what rotors i was playing with on the week-end?? i got the chance to visit the williams f1 pit in melbourne!

i had the chance to talk to a mechanic who was re-building the rear suspension of the williams, who talked to me about the braking system, along with a few other things. i got to hold the rear (ap) brake callipers (no photos allowed unfortunatley): amazingly light, and very very careful attention to airflow. the airflow is drawn across the outside of the calliper and then down vertically through the pads to the rotor's surface. as can be seen from this photo of the fronts, airflow management is a key part of getting the best out of f1 brakes.

i've seen a few f1 races, and visited the pits a few times, but i'd go on record anytime as saying that the williams team made this by far the best f1 experience i've had, and are a great bunch of guys and deserve to succeed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Williams Rotor 2.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	4822  
    dave
    '03 rs6
    '04 allroad tdi