Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: The next Audi RS6 and RS7 (2013/14)

Qiasha,

Thank you once again for the information provided. Unlike a few posters, or is that whiners, the new RS7 has drawn my interest. After a hiatus from owning an Audi, I will return to the stable once this automobile is made available in the States.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoAudi View Post
    Qiasha,

Thank you once again for the information provided. Unlike a few posters, or is that whiners, the new RS7 has drawn my interest. After a hiatus from owning an Audi, I will return to the stable once this automobile is made available in the States.
    Apparently expressing an opinion means that contributors are whiners.

To provide more tangible feedback for Qisha, and also in turn potentially to Audi NA, I'd like to suggest that perhaps we tally the yes or no responses for existing RS product owners or members of the forum regarding whether they are inclined to purchase the RS7 or not.

I'm not sure of the capabilities of doing this other than via a thread response, but perhaps the moderators might be able to assist with a more efficient mechanism of gathering the feedback.

My vote - NO

Quote Originally Posted by TOAvusRS6 View Post

To provide more tangible feedback for Qisha, and also in turn potentially to Audi NA, I'd like to suggest that perhaps we tally the yes or no responses for existing RS product owners or members of the forum regarding whether they are inclined to purchase the RS7 or not.

I'm not sure of the capabilities of doing this other than via a thread response, but perhaps the moderators might be able to assist with a more efficient mechanism of gathering the feedback.

My vote - NO
    A poll sounds like a GREAT idea! Erik can maybe help out?

My vote is also No
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

I posted new thread with Poll.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/25377-RS7-Poll

(included the link / Erik )
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Quote Originally Posted by bmwade View Post
    I posted new thread with Poll.

Great!! Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by TOAvusRS6 View Post
    Whiner refers to the handful of posters that continue to nitpick on issues, i.e., transmission, that are set by Audi and will not be changed. Issues of product mix for importation into the North American market is a separate issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoAudi View Post
    i.e., transmission
    Oh STHU, you're a noob here, if you had a longer tenure here you'd know I have every reason to pause about getting into another slushbox RS.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by iconcls View Post
    Oh STHU, you're a noob here, if you had a longer tenure here you'd know I have every reason to pause about getting into another slushbox RS.
    LMAO! Nuttin' like making a comparison between cars a decade apart and with two generations' of separation. Maybe the C5 RS6 was never designed for ham fisted driving on the track during an Audi DE.

Brand blindness....they all own 911's and think they are the greatest sports car of all time, but they need a DD with an extra set of doors.
    Just had to comment, I wonder why? Even I think the basic Panamera looks awful, but I havent seen anyone saying a Panamera Turbo S is not good looking.

I owned 997tt and went to the PTT. Never looked back. The car seen live is just so cool. For everyday usage you get 911 fun + room and comfort in wintertime also. I still think in the above look, close to my cars look, the car looks very good. Sorry to disappoint you but so do many others who hate the basic Panny. Its the same with 5-series and Audi A6 and A7. I personally think they are ugly, but I do like the M5 a lot, the RS6 is absolutely fabulous and I am a little torn on the RS7 as my expectations were high. Please dont overanalyze why people buy a Panamera, its for the same reasons as any other cars, it just costs more. My loyalty to Porsche is zero, when a better car comes along, Ill buy it. SO far none of the others have come close to the Pannys sportiness. Speedwise they have caught up. The Panny is just a little too flashy for my taste, doesnt blend in. Thats why I am looking at MB and Audi again. And if the Panny had 5-seats Id keep this one longer, despite getting too much attention.
    PTT

Quote Originally Posted by kip View Post
    Just had to comment, I wonder why? Even I think the basic Panamera looks awful, but I havent seen anyone saying a Panamera Turbo S is not good looking.

I like everything in front of the B pillar. But the B pillar back is horrendous....sorry but that ass is just ugly.

I like everything in front of the B pillar. But the B pillar back is horrendous....sorry but that ass is just ugly.

DOnt worry, I dont care what others think I still think it depends on taste and the options on the car, wing up or down etc. I personally think the RS7 rear is worse...

PTT

The 7 series is a beautiful car, are folks saying the rs is not rs enough. Nit picking, can't wait for the performance results.

Quote Originally Posted by iconcls View Post
    Looks of this RS 7, I have serious misgivings about the mechanics of this thing. One, Tiptronic with a torque converted, really? After the debacle of the the C5 RS 6 Tiptronic, I vowed never to own a high power Audi with a torque converter again. This car deserve a proper modern dual clutch and I don't care who tells me that this ZF slushbox is "fixed." Two, we're forced into DRC if we want sportier handling, really^2? Need I state how great that system was, and again, I don't care who tells me it's "fixed" now, this RS 7 should have magnetic dampeners. I fear the bean counters had too much say in the "engineering."

Qisha mentions the possibility of the RS 6 coming over but, in all likelihood, I'll be in a E63 AMG S-Model by then, too little, too late for AoA. The really sad part is I am more of an under the radar, RS Audi type guy, HELL, I AM their target market, but not at the expense of old tech and watered-down, pedestrian looks.
    I am sure that the RS6 has the same 8 speed ZF that is the best auto on the market and is used by BMW, Rolls Royce, Bentley and others. In the Mulsanne it is good for 757 lb-ft of torque. Unless you are talking about the Veyron's twin clutch no other twin clutch is as stout as this auto for passenger car use.

Quote Originally Posted by kip View Post

DOnt worry, I dont care what others think I still think it depends on taste and the options on the car, wing up or down etc. I personally think the RS7 rear is worse...

Ha I mostly agree. I definitely don't like that ass either. Though I'm not gonna say its worse than the Panamera. But as bad as....

Quote Originally Posted by -RS6- View Post
    Dear Qisha,

Please do NOT build a GT version of the RS6, it will be the worst investment Audi have EVER made. No one in the US wants GT version of an Audi, they are a total waste and are hideous. Please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, BRING THE RS6 AVANT TO THE USA!!! Stay true to your ROOTS, LEAVE THE SEDAN ALONE, WHO CARES, BRING US A WAGON!!! Audi and great wagons go hand in hand, an RS wagon is at the very CORE of the Audi brand. If Audi AoA fail to understand this, you are going to loose my business, period. If Audi wants to continue to dominate the US market, you are going to have to cater to your CORE MARKET, the very people responsible for helping build the BRAND, here in the USofA. PLEASE BRING THE RS4 AVANT TO THE UNITED STATES AND PLEASE BRING THE RS6 AVANT TO THE UNITED STATES, THIS YEAR, PLEASE DO NOT WAIT ANY LONGER, PLEASE DO NOT DEVELOP ANY MORE HIDEOS GT'S OR SEDANS, WE ALREADY HAVE A MILLION OF THEM HERE, THERE ARE NO GOOD WAGONS, WE WANT WAGONS, PLEASE!!!
    This!
    New member here, I joined to add another voice to the cause after lurking for awhile.
    If I just wanted the high output 4.0L TT I'd buy another S8, but I want the utility and sleeper qualities that the Avant brings.
    Listen up AoA.

Quote Originally Posted by LUPIN View Post
    I hope this color will be an option in the US, looks like an Audi Exclusive tag on the door.
    2008 white/amaretto S8

the Panamera TT is a brilliant, practical, and wicked fast car. But it is hideous, even in person. It's one of those cars that you can love, particularly because you can't see it when you're driving it. But to be clear - it is a car I would seriously consider buying based on its performance.

If only they had stuck with the prototype stying

I have no issue with the RS7 either other than with styling. We are not getting the Avant, so to me the A7 bodytype is the next best thing. I'm not too worried about the slushbox - it's that they're STILL sticking with DRC struts that has me worried!!
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

RS Q3? Really? Feels like the answer to a question no one asked.