Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: 'Special Sauce'

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    On EPL's Mustang dyno, my RS6 made 317/360 BONE STOCK. This is what almost EVERY bone stock RS6 makes on that dyno. With a EPL flash, my car made 400/460. Special Sauce has RS6 hybrid turbos (which add about 30-40whp alone at the same boost) some intake piping and a decent fuel system now, which likely accounts for the additional 75-80whp.
    I THINK what is being suggested is that these hybrid RS6 turbos have been known to make 500-600whp on B5 S4's, so why isn't our V8 car making 600-700? Good question. The likely answer is injectors and boost. Special Sauce is probably only making 20-22psi or 1.3-1.5bar? These big power S4's are pushing 30-35psi or 2-2.4bar.
    I'm very curious what my car will make now with the 6 speed, and I hope to baseline it to see what we actually gain BACK for driveline loss.

To the OP, good luck with sale...pretty special car.
    Thank you! I'd have to go dig up some old emails from Rich, but I think we're only in the mid-high teens for boost, 16-17 comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    mgoblue,

Could you measure the current suspension ride height on your car? Center of the hub to fender lip front and rear would be great. I would like to get some idea on everyones KW heights before installing mine next month.
    Certainly, let me just finish up these pancakes for the kids!

Quote Originally Posted by speedtrapped View Post
    Todd GLWS.
    Thanks Stephen,

Dave, my car with KWV3's is sitting at 13 1/2" front and about 13 5/8" rear. Actually about a 1/16" higher than that on the drivers side but I had it weight balanced for my weight (220lbs), driver only.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Todd,
    pare u buying new Vagon? Find one off lease or owner can't stomach gas mileage, the diff in price is like $25k plus.
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Dave, my car with KWV3's is sitting at 13 1/2" front and about 13 5/8" rear..
    FWIW...Mine is identical
    210K miles rolled

@4everRS

And just a side note, your credentials have yet to be determined or verified. As far as any of us know, you're expeirience lies in slamming Volkswagens to the ground. Nothing more
    Unfortunatly a new user starts with 0 posts, you've seen the picture of the Passat probably acccording to your writing? There was nothing original anymore at that Passat, only the bare-body was factory-standard and the doors.
    Ive modified the complete car from a 99 1.9TDI with a AT4 to a 2003 1.9TDI with TT5 with 195Bhp incl CAN etc.

I own the "Dutch" Passatforum for 7 years now(i have 24.000 posts) and we always listen to new people instead of saying that he can only slam VW's.. there are more people living outside the USA that are a litte bit experienced in Audi/VW (VAG-group cars)
    If people outside the USA arent welcome here then they have to adjust the registrationform with only USA as registration-country.

Ontopic again:
    On our Dyno mostly the BHP-loss between WHP en EHP is 20BHP with a FWD and approx 45BHP with AWD cars. We normaly only tune VAG-group cars here and some Race-cars from other brands.

Here a dyno-result from my 3.6 V8 engine:

Should have STARTED with that post..LOL...
    2013 Audi S8

Our dyno's here in the US seem to cost us more like 90-150whp...
    My RS6 (450BHP stock) dyno'd 317awhp on a Mustang dyno. That's almost 30% DL loss...
    2013 Audi S8

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Our dyno's here in the US seem to cost us more like 90-150whp...
    My RS6 (450BHP stock) dyno'd 317awhp on a Mustang dyno. That's almost 30% DL loss...
    Thats weird. I will look for a RS6 dynosheet next week.

There are many others that use OTHER dyno's and see 340-380whp, so I'm sure it is the dyno and it's settings....Sort of making the obvious point that you should always stick to the same dyno when you make your changes...
    I don't really care what the actual number is, as long as the trap speed is there...
    2013 Audi S8

Mine in stock form was 323 awhp 334 lb-ft. Only issue was likely leaking intercoolers.

Sorry for the faded colors, fwiw. . .

2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

That looks about right...mine was lower, but I had the stock TC that was acting funny...what dyno Steve?
    2013 Audi S8

@ttboost
    Yes and no, there is a difference between different Dyno's of course, BUT it should be a difference of 10BHP plus or minus.. not more...

All the dyno's are callibrated.. OK, it are humans that are callibrating but if you have 10 new Golf 5 GTI's for example, they ALL do between 200 and 220BHP(engine).
    We have made more than 28.000 runs on this Dyno and compared to some other Dyno's here they all performe practicly the same. We are also driving on a track in a Diesel Cup and therefore somtimes the TC wants the car in for a complete checkup.
    The car goes to a dyno the TC wants and the difference(we may have 198BHP) is less then 1BHP.. on the "Test-dyno".

What whe also know is that the RS4 B7, with the V8 FSI isnt performing very well according the Audi Specs.. 99 out of 100 wont make their 420BHP, most of the time its between 380 en 400.
    In the VAG-scene/cars we have here in the EU sometimes 10-15 different engine types/models for e.g. a Golf. Comparing all those(same/equal) cars on the dyno, we know how much 1HP is callibrated.

Maybe a Mustang performs amazing on our Dyno, i dont know because they are not sold that much here.

I have never seen ONLY a 10whp +or- swing from dyno to dyno. EPL has dyno'd many RS6's on their dyno and they are all within 10whp of each other, so yes..their dyno is consistant. The "Mustang" to which I referred is the brand of Dynomometer. It's an AWD chassis dyno...
    2013 Audi S8

OK, but what if they measure a Golf 5 GTI 200BHP std on that Dyno, then it should have less power the VW promises..

I think we are going down a road with no return here...I don't think any manufacturer "promises" any sort of power output. They just "claim" power outputs. I think it's a known fact that you physically cannot get the same power at the wheels as you have at the crankshaft, so yes, of course you will get less power than "promised".

I think we dumped enough on the OP's for sale thread...
    Sorry guys...
    2013 Audi S8

Ive made a new topic with some dyno's so i will not mess-up here anymore..