Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Attention Dave, look what I can do!

Ok, this a noob question but here goes......on my S8 the port is under driverside, left of steering wheel....is the port same locale?
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

Yes, just below and left of the service jacket slot.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Thank you, got my hex-can in mail, waiting on my cheapo compaq laptop seems pretty cut and dry to set up vagcom. Once I get that started I am sure I will be picking all your brains on proper use
    Ebony/Black, DBR Stage 3 race kit, -SOLD :( 996TT Proto 650 basically a sardine can with a rocket attached to the back...11' CTS-V, 540/579RWP hehehehe ;)

While you wait, you might also want to read up on how to use the software on Ross-techs website.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/main_screen.html
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

You have my logs right?

Ya, something is going on with that MTM car. When I test drove it, there was something that didn't jive with me. It just didn't feel like it was at full power.
    Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Its taking forever for these logs to surface.

To date we have nothing, nada, zero, ziltch.

Well, ok we have 1 data log from Mark on a outdated Vag without turbo mode. He has promised to upgrade his Vag, get the Eurocharge at Autoscope with dyno time and resend logs. There is hope.

Pat was able to grab the high mileage MTM car in MN but the logs were worthless and the car hardly made any boost. I guess people dont care how their RS6 runs.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Its taking forever for these logs to surface.

To date we have nothing, nada, zero, ziltch.

Well, ok we have 1 data log from Mark on a outdated Vag without turbo mode. He has promised to upgrade his Vag, get the Eurocharge at Autoscope with dyno time and resend logs. There is hope.

Pat was able to grab the high mileage MTM car in MN but the logs were worthless and the car hardly made any boost. I guess people dont care how their RS6 runs.
    Well, at the very least, we do have dozens of logs for Kyles stock car for baseline comparisons.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Yes, I didnt forget about you. I consider you part of the close group that maintain and share all data as needed.

Kyle's car is the baseline to compare other stock RS6s. His car performs excellent and is very quick.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    You have my logs right?

Ya, something is going on with that MTM car. When I test drove it, there was something that didn't jive with me. It just didn't feel like it was at full power.
    Last edited by DHall1; October 20th, 2010 at 16:59.

What do you mean "almost" ?? jk
    Yes, I didnt forget about you. I almost consider you part of the close group that maintain and share.

Kyle's car is the baseline to compare other stock RS6s. His car performs excellent and is very quick.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Hahah, I fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    What do you mean "almost" ?? jk

Going to be a while for me. I will get some MTM logs for you guys at some point... Right now I'm mondo busy/travelling for work and currently have no windows install anywhere since my POS windows lappy shorted itself out a few months ago. When I have time I will do a Win7 install on one of my macbooks.

But, it's going to be awhile. Off the top of my head, my MTM numbers didn't look that dissimilar from Pat's viper tune fwiw.

Regarding the MTM Pat logged, it's possible it still had early-build MTM software that is known to create overboost/checksum errors under some conditions... It's a well-known issue that was fixed long ago, but I'm sure many of the original flawed tunes that were sold back in the day are still out there. When I got my RS, it still had a version 1 MTM release, Hoppen updated it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    Going to be a while for me. I will get some MTM logs for you guys at some point... Right now I'm mondo busy/travelling for work and currently have no windows install anywhere since my POS windows lappy shorted itself out a few months ago. When I have time I will do a Win7 install on one of my macbooks.

But, it's going to be awhile. Off the top of my head, my MTM numbers didn't look that dissimilar from Pat's viper tune fwiw.

Regarding the MTM Pat logged, it's possible it still had early-build MTM software that is known to create overboost/checksum errors under some conditions... It's a well-known issue that was fixed long ago, but I'm sure many of the original flawed tunes that were sold back in the day are still out there. When I got my RS, it still had a version 1 MTM release, Hoppen updated it for me.
    Yes, it is definitely in a self induced limp mode.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

We got the data for your log. Blah, blah, blah

Diverters and full limp mode.

blah, blah, blah

A stock RS6 3rd gear pull. Thanks to Pat and Kyle

And the Viper tune 3rd gear pull.

Are we having fun yet? Apples to peanuts to pickles. Clear as mud.

Yo Quiero 3rd gear pulls?

So why are the o2 values dropping like that? On the stock tune and the ec tune, both banks drop , and on the viper tune, only bank one really drops alot.

Draw trend lines. I dont see both banks dropping on the EC. I see both banks dropping on the stock. And I see both banks rising on the Viper.

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    So why are the o2 values dropping like that? On the stock tune and the ec tune, both banks drop , and on the viper tune, only bank one really drops alot.