Thread: Muggy's RS6 Refresh 2020

Hybrid View

Looking good!

Good info on the wheel bearing/axles. I wouldn't of thought it would cause damage.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Quote Originally Posted by kruat View Post
    Looking good!

Good info on the wheel bearing/axles. I wouldn't of thought it would cause damage.
    Thanks!
    Agreed on the wheel bearings...jacked up the car, re-installed the axles and put some torque on them...have it sitting on wheel dollies on the front now so the axles don't flop around when moving in the garage...also helps because I can push it side to side now as well, giving me a critical few inches here and there in my limited space!

Fingers crossed that I won't have any bearing damage...I had weight on them with the motor in and rolled about 5 feet, pulled the motor and rolled again another 5 feet. At least I can replace them if needed without an engine pull!

On the wheel bearing thing, I suspect is makes a pretty big difference whether the engine is installed, or not. There is not much weight on the front when the engine/trans are out. Also, I always had my brake calipers installed, which holds the rotor in place, so maybe that helped keep things from coming too far apart.