Thread: Transmission being replaced -- opportunity?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Well then...

Most Audi dealers take list price on parts and then mark it up another 25%.

If you price out EGTs or O2s you will spend in the 1000s for them.

The car will function with a failed EGT but not a O2. So if I were to go with one or the other I would do the O2s. Primary only

Price out the dealer for the parts then go to Genuineaudiparts.com for a quote.
    Actually, I have a failed EGT and I'll be replacing it -- at my own expense (but cheaper because the engine is pulled for the covered work). Apparently, EGT's are not covered by the warranty, so I think that I will prophylactically replace the O2 sensor.

I've communicated everything else to the mechanic, so I think I'm covered. It was fun telling them to replace "the nipple" -- something I'm much happier to tell a mechanic than a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6bear View Post
    I think that I will prophylactically replace the O2 sensor.
    Proactively? But yes, we do end up taking it in the year from this car sometimes. Your wording makes more sense, and if you did it on purpose, well done, well done...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Proactively? But yes, we do end up taking it in the year from this car sometimes. Your wording makes more sense, and if you did it on purpose, well done, well done...
    I actually did mean prophylaxis (not a typo), but proactive is just as good. ...and as you say, when dealing with The Beast, I am on the receiving end of some rough stuff, and any kind of protection and prevention is good. :-)