Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Back in a V8TT

So come on.. give us a comparison..
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Quote Originally Posted by Brav View Post
    2nd this.
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

2003 C5 RS6 (4.2 V8T) vs 2013 S6 (4.0 V8T).. Stock vs Stock Comparison (per Fonzie's personal opinion)

Exterior styling:

Edge - S6. Just my opinion, but the car is 10 years newer. The LED headlights, 20" wheels, etc. The C5 was a beautiful car, but the S6 is just as pretty.

Exterior aggressiveness:

Edge - RS6. Come on.. the wide fenders from the C5 have haunted my dreams since the day I traded it in.

0-60:

Edge - S6. Car and Driver clocked the S6 at 3.7 0-60 (vs the RS6's suggested 4.4). Until I got the car, I assumed it was exaggerated. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised for a second it really did 3.7-3.8. I haven't tested it w GPS, but if feels fast from a dig. Really, shockingly fast.

1/4 Mile:

Edge - S6. C&D was able to get a 12.1 1/4 mile in the stock S6. That I have not confirmed yet with personal track times, but at this point I believe it's possible given the right weather. While the RS6 was really fast stock (I got 12.65 stock with mine).. I think the S6 is going to walk on it, and continue walking as the speeds increase.

Transmission:

Edge - S6. The 7 speed DSG is super smooth and snaps shifts very quickly.

Technology:

Edge - S6. Not even fair to compare this section, as a 10 year difference makes for an obvious case.

Handling:

Edge - S6. Realistically, the DRC wasn't the best out of the box suspension setup. Compared to the air ride suspension in the C7 S6, I don't remember my stock RS6 ever handling like this stock S6 does. I'm taking on-ramps and turns in the same speeds I was in my modded B8 S4 (sways, coils and under strut stabilizer). However, the S6 has more body roll than I remember by C5 having. That stuck out during my test drive.

Sound:

Edge - RS6. The S6 is a fucking whisperer. The engine bay makes way more noise than the exhaust. It's really, really quiet. The RS6 sounded great from the moment I got it (sound enhanced exhaust - but still stock by definition). The exhaust in the S6 is necessary immediately, as opposed to the RS6, which was much throatier and aggressive out of the factory.

Overall:

Edge - 2013 S6. I loved the RS6 more than any other car I've ever owned. For those who know me on here, you know my stable ran deep. The exclusivity of that car was something I was so proud of. It was a rare bird that just had an unfair power advantage over almost any other of it's peers. 10 years later, the closest thing to it's US predecessor is just as amazing of a machine. Excited to see where it goes with tuning.

Thanks Fonz!

I think they would have had to dump the clutch or power launch it for 3.7. Thats crazy fast. DSG probably helps a lot with hacking of 2-3 10ths from shifting to 60. Thing is seamless.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Thanks Fonz!

I think they would have had to dump the clutch or power launch it for 3.7. Thats crazy fast. DSG probably helps a lot with hacking of 2-3 10ths from shifting to 60. Thing is seamless.

Agreed. The Launch Control on the S6 is breathtaking. Launches at 5200 rpm

Nice comparsion. Thanks!

Very nice, thanks for the write-up. Some guy heard my car pull up earlier today..."Wow, that's got a rumble too it"....me, "got a V8"....him, "sounds bad to the bone". Yes, yes it does, SE exhaust is excellent!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Heck with the comparisons. . .

How's Mrs. Fonzie doing? Haven't seen any pics of her with the car yet. LOL J/K

Can't wait for sound clips of the exhaust.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    Heck with the comparisons. . .

How's Mrs. Fonzie doing? Haven't seen any pics of her with the car yet. LOL J/K

Can't wait for sound clips of the exhaust.
    Yep, Friday are Fonzie's Foto Fiesta!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Thanks for the review! You pretty much said exactly the same as I have heard others say!

The S6 may be my next car........

And I cant help to poke at the BMW guys and their M5/M6 V8TT's, the cant even drive them, haha! Engine issues already!
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Very nicely written comparo, Fonz. Congrats on the new car.
    And welcome back! Can't wait to see what you due to the exhaust (you never seem to disappoint).

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzie Audi View Post
    2003 C5 RS6 (4.2 V8T) vs 2013 S6 (4.0 V8T).. Stock vs Stock Comparison (per Fonzie's personal opinion)

Overall:

Edge - 2013 S6. I loved the RS6 more than any other car I've ever owned. For those who know me on here, you know my stable ran deep. The exclusivity of that car was something I was so proud of. It was a rare bird that just had an unfair power advantage over almost any other of it's peers. 10 years later, the closest thing to it's US predecessor is just as amazing of a machine. Excited to see where it goes with tuning.

So the S6 feels like its that much faster? then what your saying basically confirms what Qisha told us about the new RS 6/7 being a world dominator? the way i see it when the S6 already beats M5 and AMG according to comparisons (and confirmed by you) then the RS will make them it's bitch....
    C5 RS6 - Daytona Grey/Silver, Carbon Fiber, RNS-E, O.CT ECU/TCU--sold :(
    DD: 02 G500 - 35" Nitto Trail Graplers, baja roof rack, 52" LED light bar
    Business Car: Gulf liveried 01 996TT w/ Tial Alpha A28 turbos + supporting mods - 700hp

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercat View Post
    And welcome back! Can't wait to see what you due to the exhaust (you never seem to disappoint).
    Thank you! What a warm reception.. man I missed this forum

Quote Originally Posted by bmwade View Post
    So the S6 feels like its that much faster? then what your saying basically confirms what Qisha told us about the new RS 6/7 being a world dominator? the way i see it when the S6 already beats M5 and AMG according to comparisons (and confirmed by you) then the RS will make them it's bitch....
    It really does feel that fast, yes. 1/4 mile times are better than butt dyno though.. another week or two of breaking in first

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercat View Post
    2nd!

Yah, I'd think that a 5200 rpm AWD launch might get one's attention! I know what a 3200 rpm AWD launch feels like, but with all of that V-8TT's extra torque and 2K more RPM, wow...

A co-worker's S6 is in transit right now, so I'm looking forward to a test-drive next week!

I had the chance to drive the S8, S6, S7, and RS5 a few weeks ago. The S6,7,8 engine note is very subdued. One of the things I did not like. (the engine and exhaust note on the V10 M5 was also very disappointing to me). A sports car needs a bit of growl.

Now the RS5 - that has a nice snarl....

Mike

oh, one more dig....

Those nice looking seats...

In the S8 you can get the nice look AND the massage seats.
    In the S6 you can't get the massage seats with the same styling.....bummer....

Mike

car sounds great. I also miss my old rs6.. currently debatign rs5 vs s7... tough call cant decide !

Quote Originally Posted by nyc123 View Post
    car sounds great. I also miss my old rs6.. currently debatign rs5 vs s7... tough call cant decide !
    Personally I would get the RS5. RS models aren't here forever, S models are.