Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rs6 "custom tune" for sale by baytires.com (SF Bay Area)

Shit, enough with the venom for GIAC. Without Garrett Lim hacking and reverse engineering VW's ECU code as a med student in the '90s, (and then forming GIAC) chip tuning wouldn't be what it is today. In that era, people were really puzzling over the software, Garrett was one of the first guys to really figure it out.

Their tune is not bad, I've driven it. I don't believe it fuel starves like somebody was implying. The car I drove had been running it for over 50k miles with zero problems. It is expensive. They probably don't sell that tune enough at this point (if at all) to bother adjusting their price down. FWIW, the original owner of my car paid Hoppen $2300 for the stage 1 MTM tune.

I am a little biased, as I run GIAC in my 1.8t and have been really happy with it. It's a great tune for that platform. I wouldn't run GIAC in my RS6, I'm happy with MTM. But I also wouldn't run home-brew software and beta test for someone else's start-up. We all know how that turned out.

Back on point, looking forward to Pat's dyno of the Viper software!

Where is the venom? I cant help the piles of data against the GIAC RS6 tune. Makes no difference who Garrett Lim is or what he has done to help the cause. If you put out a poor product you should be called out on it. I doubt Garrett Lim had any hand in forming MTM, Revo, or any of the euro tuning companies. My idea is a real one. I bet a stock RS6 is faster 0-60 than a GIAC flashed RS6. I would bet 100 cool ones on it.

As for the test dummies the data and potential problems have been fully revealed and its now up to the dealer to make good on some slight issues. Eurocharged is not a backyard program and has full support from euro programmers. That said, there seems to be a part throttle glitch in some Eurocharged 93 octane flashes. We have all seen the power gains but the glitch remains for some. For that reason you do not see me spouting off about the flash. Fair and balanced I guess.

We should all gain from hard concrete data and hopefully steer members in the right direction. Garrett Lim history means nothing to me. Data logs and dyno runs do. Ditto for Eurocharged and the results. Same standard holds true for them. I cannot recomment Eurocharged until the part throttle glitch is fixed for everyone.

Hell, the nay sayers slammed the Aces but each time a member tries the stuff they rave about it. So do results speak for the product or those folks must be suckers because there is one born every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by skribe View Post
    Shit, enough with the venom for GIAC. Without Garrett Lim hacking and reverse engineering VW's ECU code as a med student in the '90s, (and then forming GIAC) chip tuning wouldn't be what it is today. In that era, people were really puzzling over the software, Garrett was one of the first guys to really figure it out.

Their tune is not bad, I've driven it. I don't believe it fuel starves like somebody was implying. The car I drove had been running it for over 50k miles with zero problems. It is expensive. They probably don't sell that tune enough at this point (if at all) to bother adjusting their price down. FWIW, the original owner of my car paid Hoppen $2300 for the stage 1 MTM tune.

I am a little biased, as I run GIAC in my 1.8t and have been really happy with it. It's a great tune for that platform. I wouldn't run GIAC in my RS6, I'm happy with MTM. But I also wouldn't run home-brew software and beta test for someone else's start-up. We all know how that turned out.

Back on point, looking forward to Pat's dyno of the Viper software!
    Last edited by DHall1; July 24th, 2010 at 18:04.

"I bet a stock RS6 is faster 0-60 than a GIAC flashed RS6. I would bet 100 cool ones on it. "

Consider that bet taken. You owe me 100 beers.

"I bet a stock RS6 is faster 0-60 than a GIAC flashed RS6. I would bet 100 cool ones on it. "

Consider that bet taken. You owe me 100 beers.
    210K miles rolled

Dhall, was it you, or v8weight that said the 91 octane Eurocharged was okay to run, but the 93 had the glitch?

If something were to go wrong with this custom/10secs4/bay area tires tune, what kind of support is there for it? I have never had a chipped car before, my biggest experience has been with Diablosport, and they were always around with the Chrysler/Dodge guys helping out with any problems.

There are a bunch of videos on youtube of this guy and his tune owning all kinds of other cars. (I'm not going to mention the video where he gets beaten by a monster RX7 full of body filler and then gets in a sad slap-fight with the guy. Whoops, I just did. )

Notice on this vid he's brake boosting the beast and just rockets out of the hole...

Does this tune allow brake boosting? I think a mildly tuned RS6 could hit 60 in threes if the ECU would allow brake boosting. Yes Dave, I know it's bad for the transmission.

Those are indeed my videos. The RX7 is a bonafide 10 second car. It has a modified LS1 with spray and the car weighs around 2600lbs. I got hustled that night for sure since I gave them one car length and the break. Keep in mind the fight that ensued after was not related to the race and occurred after I had already left; I was not involved in that. :-)

Yeah, my tunes allow for brake boosting. I was able to pull low to mid 1.6 second short times at the dragstrip. On my 11.5 pass, my 0-60 MPH was in the high 2/low 3 second range.

Marc

There are a bunch of videos on youtube of this guy and his tune owning all kinds of other cars. (I'm not going to mention the video where he gets beaten by a monster RX7 full of body filler and then gets in a sad slap-fight with the guy. Whoops, I just did. )

Notice on this vid he's brake boosting the beast and just rockets out of the hole...

Does this tune allow brake boosting? I think a mildly tuned RS6 could hit 60 in threes if the ECU would allow brake boosting. Yes Dave, I know it's bad for the transmission.

Marc,
    I am very interested in this tune. What are the draw-backs of having it? Can you switch between the stock and the modified tune? How close is it to breaking the transmission? You mentioned you got one of your RS6's down to 11.2, and then broke the input shaft to the transmission I think it was. I would love to have my RS6 run like that, but what is the cost?

Quote Originally Posted by 2TURBOV8 View Post
    Marc,
    I am very interested in this tune. What are the draw-backs of having it? Can you switch between the stock and the modified tune? How close is it to breaking the transmission? You mentioned you got one of your RS6's down to 11.2, and then broke the input shaft to the transmission I think it was. I would love to have my RS6 run like that, but what is the cost?
    Hey! welcome to the board. It would appear that someone ended up with Fonzi's old car after all.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Thanks!! Yep, it appears I did buy his old car. It's an awesome car, I was lucky to find it!!

Congrats and welcome aboard the

210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    Congrats and welcome aboard the

Max, I swear 800 of your 808 posts are of Ozzy... but i smile every time. You're consistent if nothing else!

Quote Originally Posted by Amulet-S6 View Post
    Max, I swear 800 of your 808 posts are of Ozzy... but i smile every time. You're consistent if nothing else!
    He never misses a new member either. Even if their first post is buried in the third page of a tire shop custom tune thread...
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

It's about to more "Crazy" once Max gets his "Comic Con" shwag from the west coast...

Back on Topic:
    I thought that Fonzie's Bazooka had a tune on it???
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

LOL- Glad to hear I can make the smile maker smile. Someone has to keep the dream alive...;0

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    He never misses a new member either. Even if their first post is buried in the third page of a tire shop custom tune thread...

It is just polite to welcome new persons into da house- I have no life (except a great wife, teen-age daughter that keeps us on the move, full time business servicing several hundred end users, golf, family, house projects, picking my toes & ear wax, kicking the cats, drinking cokes, harassing my friends with phone calls/emails- AND OF COURSE- There is the RS6 maintenance projects and terrorizing the participants on the road..Leaves lots of time to read through posts....00

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    It's about to more "Crazy" once Max gets his "Comic Con" shwag from the west coast...
    I'm been sitting on top of my mailbox for 2 days- The postman pats me on the head and says "There is always tomorrow". I look forward to the surprise Ben and thanks for thinking of me...I thinks I'll have the wifey open the package as I monitor from a safe distance.
    210K miles rolled

Not sure if you missed it in this thread, but I'm no longer selling software for the RS6. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by 2TURBOV8 View Post
    Marc,

Audi-RS6, you are the seller of this tune, please provide some details... Like a dyno sheet, pricing, etc. I don't think I'm interested for reasons covered in the rant above, but have to say the tune looks impressive, I'm sure others want to know more -- there is no mention of it on baytires.com.

2TURBOV8, good chance you'll break your transmission with the 10secS4/Baytires.com tune or without it.
    Fonzie went through three on your car I think... these cars aren't cheap to keep, but are worth it inmo! Have fun with it!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    I'm been sitting on top of my mailbox for 2 days- The postman pats me on the head and says "There is always tomorrow". I look forward to the surprise Ben and thanks for thinking of me...I thinks I'll have the wifey open the package as I monitor from a safe distance.
    There are no illegal substances nor contraband of any sort as, well, how else would I get squirrely RS6 videos in the snow and ice on fookin' PS2's from????
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared