Thread: Muggy's RS6 Refresh 2020

Hybrid View

Congratsulations. I know that feeling after all that work, wondering if something isn't quite right...and then magic it works. Now I'm a little jealous, I do like that instrument cluster. Gives the car a more modern update, even better than LED tail lights.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Congratsulations. I know that feeling after all that work, wondering if something isn't quite right...and then magic it works. Now I'm a little jealous, I do like that instrument cluster. Gives the car a more modern update, even better than LED tail lights.
    Thanks! Yes, I'm a bit of an overthinker, so with the car down for so long, then going back in my mind on how many mini projects that I did over the course of that time, I was a bit stressed out for that first turn! Hoping to have a few hours a night to chip away at the extras now...

Need to:
    Install front wheel bearings (set the car down and rolled in the garage without shafts)
    Install front drive shafts and main prop shaft
    Connect power steering
    Connect front clip and all plumbing
    Connect A/C
    Final torque on all mounting bolts
    Install exhaust
    Get it out of the garage and rumble around the neighborhood!
    Mount front bumper skin/headlights, etc.

I do need to check my brake lights...when I gave the car power when I connected the battery for the first time, the brake lights came on and stay on. I need to double check a few things...I did adjust the pedal to contact the switch in various closure points, BUT...I realized after my first start that the brake fluid was low and my warning was on telling me to stop the car (fluid is too clear to see exactly how much in the reservoir!)...wondering if that would trip the brake lights? If not, I may have damaged the switch when monkeying around with the pedal install. I do have the power wire for the clutch piggybacked onto the white lead on the brake light switch pigtail, but disconnected that with no change. I'll go out and re-check this morning now that the fluid is topped off and look again...if they are still on, I'll check the brake light switch at the pedal...fingers crossed something easy...

Thanks to all for the support on this forum so far and for the awesome conversion kit from SteveKen! It's been a journey, but some of that my own making and really not that bad at this point for any of those thinking about the project.