Thread: Tarp or sell?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Avus-RS6 View Post
    Your cost per mile will only increase the less you drive it. If you can not worry about that, garage it and bring her back to life in five years. I think your plan for storage sounds good. If you can block it up also, it'll keep your tires round.
    Plan on using 4* 1.5-ton jack stands, under the frame to keep her off the pavement if I go this route. Can already hear the complaints if I do, garage is already quite small and this won't help... Not worried about cost per mile if I'm putting zero miles on it. At least I'll be able to drop it from the insurance and that'll save quite a bit.

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

I kinda hate to admit it, but I've never successfully brought a car out of retirement. Every time I've parked a car, I lose interest and end up selling it. I feel like the RS6 is the kinda car that you need to be driving fairly regularly to remind you why you spent all that money. I think you're probably better off selling and banking the money to purchase another one down-the-road when the house stuff settles.

Tough situation, but you probably won't go far wrong either way.

Just my $.02