I tend to go through my toy cars about every 3-4 years, but I think the RS6 is different. My son actually bought the RS6 as a toy for both of us to drive...he decided that even though he loved the car, that he'd rather re-align his $$$ to a future house, so I bought the car from him about a year ago as I just couldn't see it go so soon. It's always lived at my garage and he's been living at home (and now his GF too) through the corona mess. Looks like his plan has paid off as they have a contract in on a great house and should settle in about a month...they are both 24 and very focused...

The crazy thing is that my wife actually likes this car! She usually hates my fun stuff...her mom actually loves it too and sorely misses her '07 A6 Avant that she traded for a Q5 a few years ago.

I'm looking forward to wrapping up my refresh soon and get back out on the road, but I figured that I'd rather take my time and do it right since it's not in my way in the garage taken apart. I do miss driving it though...it's been about 5 months now off the road... since corona changed the entire way that I work and have been committed to pretty much 6 days a week working, it's tougher to find time to focus on multi hour wrenching sessions.

I haven't had any real issues with my transmission, so I was on the fence about any upgrades or a rebuild on this engine out round...I don't mind the auto box, but would love to row the gears on this thing...