Thread: Muggy's RS6 Refresh 2020

Hybrid View

Finally got a bit more work done tonight on the car...this "work" thing is getting old...running a business that has definitely been affected by COVID (catering) has been a bastard. Generally 6 days a week if I'm lucky, but 7 this week with about a 4 hours of daylight weekend off. But...I have 16 full time staff that really count on us, so I just have to press on and dream of 3-4 hour stretches to work on the car every week or two.

In any case, my suspicions were confirmed for the rear main seal leak. A new rear plate with seal has been ordered...I'm not going to do this much work to save a few hundred $$ on just the seal alone. Also pulled the right side valve cover to check the cam chain tensioners, which I already have the shoes and parts on hand, and they are ready to be done...original at 105k...worn, but not a fatal issue by far...but with this age, who knows, they could grenade at any time. I also have the CHRA's on hand to rebuild the turbos if I just want to focus on that for a day...lots of smaller projects ready to happen. Just aggravated that I can't find my crank lock pin after reorganizing the garage to do this project...as soon as I get another one, I'll find the one I have...oh well, cheap at least!

Progress pics....

I will be at H2o on Saturday if you'd like me to drop off my cam lock bar and crank lock pin.

If i need it anytime soon, I have bigger issues at hand... just mail it up when your done!