Thread: Muggy's RS6 Refresh 2020

Threaded View

Alright now, finally getting back on the horse! And it looks like I found my Kryptonite...from most of the blogs, it seems that everyone has something that really is a pain that shouldn't be. For some, it's been the flex plate bolts or exhaust/turbo studs, for others, it's been cutting water pipes by accident or having clutch components miss-marked by the manufacturer...for me, it was the bastard pilot plug in the crank. I picked up an inside puller, similar to the snap on tool highlighted by SteveKen in his how-to. No dice...with either the puller or set up on a side hammer, it was not going to budge. I was hoping to save this piece just-because...I like to save stuff that really shouldn't need to be cut up. In any case, plan 2-try to find parts to do the tap method...would need to wait for stuff online and pay more for one-time use tools. In any case, the pilot plug is out after a few days of fighting a couple of rounds with it...

Moving forward, I mocked up some 6 speed goodies!

But need to change the rear crank seal first...it was leaking and part of the reason for the motor pull/trans separation in the first place. Can't seem to find my proper torque wrench, so final install soon...

Looking forward to having more time to work on this now with other projects out of the way!
    Last edited by Muggy; February 19th, 2021 at 10:19.