Thread: Transmission annoyances

Hybrid View

So I was surprised to learn you can still get a new transmission from Audi USA with a core charge and I'm assuming some sort of warranty/. Is that more logical then a rebuild of mine? And the "if its worth doing its worth overdoing" side of me says buy a new one and have that beefed up by Tozo or another reputable shop? Is that just crazy thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by DKP View Post
    So I was surprised to learn you can still get a new transmission from Audi USA with a core charge and I'm assuming some sort of warranty/. Is that more logical then a rebuild of mine? And the "if its worth doing its worth overdoing" side of me says buy a new one and have that beefed up by Tozo or another reputable shop? Is that just crazy thinking?
    Interesting to know...any idea of a price? If the OEM cam chain tensioner price is used for comparison, the trans will be about $10k from Audi. I do have a spare in my storage thanks to Jolio, but would want to rebuild before going through the trouble of a swap when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by DKP View Post
    From what I've read and heard others talk about I would go with the AMD rebuild as they are taking more steps than others, along with having a very good technical reputation. They have acquired the strongest clutch packs that I've seen so far, and from an owner who has worn out two transmissions that was what failed.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com